Chapter Nine

"Think you could spare a lunch with me?" Harry questioned.

"No,"

"Love the sarcasm, Loui--"

"No, I really mean no," Louis explained. "Love, you know I'd come to lunch with you in a heartbeat but today, I really need to work. Mia isn't coming in and I can't just kick these people out to have lunch with you."

"Can you let that guy take your shift?" Harry pointed to the man  behind the other luncheon counter. Louis shook his head quickly.

"Mia would kill me, Haz," Harry frowned as Louis took his hand, brushing a thumb over the back of it. "I'm sorry."

"I understand."

"I know it's been a busy week," Louis sighed. "I'll make it up to you. Mia said she'll take my shift for me for doing hers for the week. I'll be able to see also if I can have the four days off she missed as a little payback to spend time with you."

Harry grinned. "Yeah. Maybe we could go to the beach?"

"It's like nineteen degrees?"

"Who gives a shit. It's only going to get colder."

Louis glowered. "We're not swimming. I was thinking more of the lines of taking you out to dinner or something."

"Like a date?"

"Aren't all our outings now classified as dates?"

"Yeah, so why won't you let me take you out on a date to the beach?"

"Because one, I want to take you somewhere, and two, beaches are shit," Louis told him. "Meet at Cicerellos at seven tonight, or tomorrow?"

"And you said I was running out of ideas to take you out."

"Sorry if I wanted to take you out somewhere where we could have a nice walk, maybe go see the circus or something."

Harry beamed with an ooh. "Make it tonight. Tomorrow, I might need to spend on my study."

"You're going to spend a Friday night studying? Why didn't you do it all the other nights?"

"I dunno," Harry shrugged, turning his voice all sarcastic and dumb-founded. "Maybe because I've spent five hours of my study time, all this week, talking to you over the phone."

"You should put study before me."

"That's hard and boring though," Harry whined. "You're all nice to talk to and we always have such interesting things to talk about."

"Like what underwear I'm wearing?"

"Shh," Harry winked, leaning over the counter and pressing a kiss to his lips. He sneaked a whisper to Louis after. "What underwear are you wearing?"

Louis sighed, rolling his eyes. "The blue ones."

"Knew you'd wear those one day," Harry smiled at the thought of seeing Louis in the briefs he bought him. Harry kissed his cheek once more, waving goodbye as he ran straight into the glass door. Heads turned to Harry who was resting a hand to his head with a confused look on his face.

Louis cackled, earning the finger from Harry. Louis giggled and blew a kiss to him through the window, Harry catching it as he walked away with his duffel bag to lunch alone.

************

Louis was tapping his feet against the ground with his skin feeling extremely chilled. It was cold tonight and if Harry wasn't going to hurry to get his arse to Cicerellos, Louis would need to go inside to stop freezing to death.