Sixteen

Harry looked up to him with glitter in his eyes.

"You know." He muttered, and Louis just served him the usual triple shot mocha latte and placed it on the counter. The usual dusting amount of chocolate, and the froth on top as warm as the thick blankets Louis and Harry used to sleep in.

Harry paid him, Louis opening the cash register to hand him change. Harry doesn't move after that, standing in front of Louis and drinking from the cup. Louis was about to walk away, there was no point standing in front of Harry doing nothing.

"Louis!" He called, Louis turning around and groaning. 

"What don't you get about personal space, Harry?" Louis argued. "I said we needed some time apart."

"I-I know, but--"

"Harry, I need to get back to work. And you need to go to your twelve o'clock lecture before you're late." Louis felt like he was fathering him a bit. Harry only turned around and walked away as if nothing just happened.

Louis was frustrated, and extremely annoyed, with Harry at the moment.

**********

On Friday, he decided to make a show in front of Louis again.

He ordered the usual, Louis handing him the cup and change needed. Harry stayed put, again, and smiled at Louis. Louis doesn't bother to move. It was his spot, Harry should be the one moving away.

"Lou--"

"Go away, Harry."

"Louis, please. You can't just force me not to talk to you."

"I can, because I don't want to see you here. We've talked about this. I said we shouldn't see each other anymore until this whole thing blows off."

"What whole thing?"

"Being in love, you forgetful twat."

Harry smirked a little, eyeing at Louis' finger tapping hard on the counter. "Looks like you're trying pretty hard, aren't you?"

The ring was on his finger, and has been there since the day Louis put it on. Louis hid his hand away from Harry's view and tried to make up an excuse.

"I can't take it off, you got me a size too small."

"Louis, I was there when I bought you that ring and you got fitted. It's the perfect size."

"Well, my hand has just grown. All right? I can't take it off. It hurts my finger if I try."

Harry rolled his eyes, picking up his cup and starting to walk off. Louis sighed with relief and Harry turned around again.

"Soap and water should do the trick," Harry told him. "It's pure so it won't turn bad if you put it in water." He walked away to his spot near the window. Louis sighed again, turning around so he can look at the gold ring in secret.

Pure. Just like Louis love for Harry, still.

**********

A door knocking came as Louis rushed to the door in just his sweats. He smiled up to Troye who walked in without any type of greeting or consent, saying hello to Niall in front of the TV before taking Louis' wrist and dragging him into the bedroom.

Troye slammed the door and looked at Louis.

"You need to talk to Harry."

Louis rolled his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose. He groaned. "Ugh! He's talking to you now?"