The Boy Next Door - when we first met

It's okay to be saved once in a while too.

     Percy dragged the last of his boxes into his new room in his Mom and Paul's apartment.
     "Percy! I want you to meet some of our neighbors, other tenants in the building."
     Percy sighed and glanced around at the boxes, he would unpack once he got back. He knew his Mom was thrilled to introduce him to these people, it was good to see her happy.
     He threw on his hoodie and walked out of his room. In the center of the living room stood an older lady and a teenage boy, about his age. The old lady was holding a small purse, the boy was holding a dish of food.
     "Percy, would you care to introduce yourself? Paul isn't home yet, and I'm busy in the kitchen." Sally Jackson, his mother called from a few rooms away.
     "Uh, hi I'm Percy, Sally's son," Percy stepped forward and held out a hand.
     "Nice to meet you Percy, I'm May Parker, and this is my nephew, Peter." The old lady spoke. She had a kind smile and white hair.
     Percy nodded and turned to Peter, "Would you like me to get that for you?" He grabbed the dish from Peter. He also realized that the dish was fairly warm, luckily he had hoodie sleeves. But as he took the dish from Peter, there hands skimmed.
     As Percy stepped back and headed to the kitchen, May called after him "Its a hash brown casserole, I know since your mother is pregnant it's getting harder for her to work in the kitchen."
     A smile came to Percy's lips, ever since he had learned about his future baby sister his world had gotten ten times brighter. Especially with all that had happened in the demigod world.
     It's not like anyone died. Well, that's not true, but everyone had parted ways. Frank, Hazel, Jason, and Piper were all in New Rome. Leo-Leo was dead. And Annabeth.
     Annabeth had gone back to live with her dad. Going through Tartarus had helped her realize some parts of her past needed to be redeemed. Which had left Percy alone. He loved her, that didn't change. And sometimes those you love, they just need some space.
     He was already living with his Mom, but when he briefly left, they had decided to upgrade to accommodate for the next child. But he had been gone for longer than he thought, to meet Annabeth's cousin.

     Dinner that night was lovely. The Hashbrown Casserole was really good, and Peter was really funny. He was kinda cute too. Like back when Percy had first met Apollo, Thalia's comment wasn't wrong. Once Paul had gotten there, they had made their was to the dining room and had started their dinner.
     When May and Peter were leaving Percy escorted them out, even though there apartment was right next to his own. He shook May's hand, as she went into the apartment first, and Peter stayed at the door for a second.
     "Hey, Percy, I wanted to ask you, which High School you're going to? Or are going to? We could either to classmates, or school rivals." He smiled warmly.
     Percy nodded "Goode High School," Peter's face dropped. Suddenly Percy, he wanted to take it back. He didn't want him to be disappointed.
     "So school rivals it is. I go to Midtown High." Peter's smile reappeared. He would've continued his conversation, but his Aunt May called him back into the house. "Well, night man, see you around." And he held out his hand to shake.
     Percy obliged and shook his hand. He noticed that Peter had a firm grip for someone who kinda looked like a nerdy science geek. And he even managed to see over his glasses, Peter's eyes were hazel.

     Peter had brown hair, hazel eyes, and was barely an inch or two shorter than Percy. He had a pretty face. Not dainty, but aesthetically pleasing.He looked like a typical nerd, but there was something about him that made Percy doubt that. He went to Goode's rival high school, but Percy sure wasn't going to be able to compete against him in the Mathletes, so he just hoped Peter was in a few sports.
     All these thoughts floated around Percy's head as he lay in his bed that night. Luckily it was a Thursday night, so he'd have a day back at Goode and the weekend to prepare for jumping  back mid semester, again.
     Slowly sleep overtook him and he drifted into a normal dream, not a demigod dream.

Hey guys. Author's note. The only reason I wrote this fanfic is because another fanfic gave me the idea to ship them. I hope you likey. But if you don't, don't share b/c I won't care. Luv y'all. G'night