Welcome to New Rome

It's okay to be saved once in a while too.

         Percy and Peter were in California. Oakland Hills, California to be specific. After is was revealed to the world that Peter Parker was Spider-Man, the two boys had fled, for Peter's safety. SHIELD was helpful enough to put May Parker into protective services, but other than that, the boys had little to no help.

         Initially they fled to Camp Half-Blood, so Percy could get necessary supplies for their journey. Then it was a car-trip across the country in an attempt to get to the safe haven Camp Jupiter offered for former demigod families and such. Percy figured he could convince them to let Peter and himself in. It was just getting there that took forever.

         A familiar blue Prius with hoof prints on the roof. That's what the boys fled in. Peter stayed in the car except for bathroom breaks at near-empty gas stations. Percy took charge, bought the food, talked to the people, filled up the gas, drove across the country.

         If the circumstances had been different, it would've been really nice. The late nights when they were the only car on the freeway, the aux that Peter managed to wirelessly hook up to EDITH, the stars in the sky. It was surprisingly peaceful those nights. Peter would be in the passenger seat, the seat tilted back so he could lay down, a blanket and a pillow making him look like the abominable blanket-man, a giant mound in the passenger seat. Percy preferred to drive, he found it easier to concentrate, his ADHD having a good vent- not crashing. Fingers tapping the steering wheel, drumming in beat with the bass. Windows rolled down during the night, or when it was raining, allowing for the freshest of air. During the day, windows up and AC on. They only stopped when Peter determined Percy wasn't well or conscious enough to drive. Peter didn't have his license yet, and they couldn't risk getting pulled over and arrested.

         It was peaceful, except when it wasn't. They couldn't stay in one place for longer than two days. Not going to risk the media catching up to them, not to mention the monsters. Now that Percy was out of his domain of New York, the monsters were getting ballsier. The moment they stopped for a few hours it seemed a monster found them. Poor Peter couldn't see through the mist all too well, but made up for it with his Spider-sense. He wasn't able to see through the mist great, but his spidey-senses were. A mixture of Percy's intuition and Pete's sense kept them alive and barely ahead of the monsters.

         So yeah, getting to California was exhausting and Pete still hadn't recovered from his school trip and that Jake Gyllenhaal looking Mysterio bitch. Anyways, they were here now. Percy was very thankful for the Caldecott maintenance service tunnels being plenty big enough for the Prius.

        They pulled up in front of the Little Tiber bridge that led to the Principali. Percy, trying to be as respectful as possible put the Prius in park and waited for some Romans to show up, faithful they were already aware of their arrival. He was sure the moment there was movement in the tunnels that Reyna had been notified.

         Sure enough, a little ways away an entourage was making their way to the bridge, Percy and Peter parked on the other side. When the party got closer to the two boys, Percy exited the vehicle, but cautioned Peter to stay there until Percy said otherwise. Peter, being totally out of his wheelhouse just nodded. The moment they entered Oakland Hills, Peter had gotten very quiet. He was scared, who could blame him? His mentor was dead and his identity had been revealed to the whole world. Everyone who knew him was in danger and his life would never be the same.

         Percy gave him a reassuring smile before turning back to where the Praetors of New Rome and their entourage were gathered on the other side of the bridge. Percy had Iris Messaged them in advance, when Pete and him were first leaving New York, but they still had to awate the Praetor's and their advisors decision regarding the matter and how everything would work. Percy was already free to attend college in New Rome and live there for the rest of his life, but given that he was bringing a mortal with him, he wasn't sure how they'd react. He was more than prepared however to pledge himself to the Legion for the next 9 years if it meant Peter could stay and would be safe.