You're Safe

It's okay to be saved once in a while too.

Peter sat on his bed. It was Saturday and he was exhausted. He was going to head back over to Percy's in a bit though. He stared at his dresser, it, like Percy's, had some photos on it. A few of Ned and MJ, even one of his old friend Evangeline.

Dark hair and green eyes, she and Percy resembled each other in the slightest. They both had darker tan skin, almost hispanic. Her eyes were a minty glacier though, and Percy's looked like the sea.

Peter sighed, nostalgia was the worst. He stood up and stretched a bit, not enough to hurt himself. He was still wearing Percy's clothes. They still smelled like him; like the ocean.

It was strange, everything seemed so mysterious about him. He even knew Pete was Spiderman. Peter wasn't sure how, but surprisingly enough, he still trusted Percy.

He looked at the webshooters on his wrists. His left one was damaged from the fight yesterday. He grabbed some of his tools and shoved them in his pocket, then he left his room and went to the kitchen.

"Hey Aunt May, I'm headed to Percy's place to study and help him unpack," Peter grabbed a piece of toast and waved to his aunt. She smiled warmly and wished him well, but warned him to be home for dinner. He promised he would be.

***

Sally Blofis opened up her apartment door to a smiling Peter. "Good morning Peter," she returned his smile, "What brings you by today?"

"I was going to help Percy unpack his room," Peter stepped in when she stepped to the side. She was about 7 months along, or at least he was pretty sure that's what she had said on Thursday.

"That's so sweet of you Peter. You know you've been a really big help to Paul and I, even before Percy came home. So thank you Pete"

Peter blushed, unprepared for the complement. "The thanks is all mine Miss Blofis, it's lovely being around your family, your whole family," he added, thinking f Percy.

"Well, why don't you head back. I'm sure Percy is awake by now," She laughed and shut the front door. Peter nodded and entered the Blofis-Jackson's living room. Paul was on the couch grading papers.

"Morning Paul," Peter said as he crossed the living room to the hallway.

"Morning Pete. You know, you should really consider transferring to Goode High School." Peter laughed, every single time he came over, Paul tried to convince him to come to the school he taught at. It was like their own inside joke.

Peter walked through the hall, Percy's was the first room. He would've knocked, but the door was slightly ajar. He went it to see a sleeping Percy, sheets tossed around and him splayed in a strange position. He only had gym shorts on.

It was weird that Percy was sound asleep on the same bed that Peter had almost been bleeding out on yesterday. Well, Peter wouldn't say soundly. Percy was tossing and turning and getting tangled in his sheets. It took Peter a moment to realize Percy was having a nightmare or terror of some kind.

Peter moved forward to help him when Percy sat upright an woke up. he looked around wildly, fighting with his covers for a few solid seconds before falling off the bed. Peter knelt next to him.

"Percy, hey man, you're safe." Peter comforted as Percy untangled himself and sat on his floor. He was covered in sweat, and his hair was more of a mess than usual.

Percy still seemed out of it when he quietly said, "I'm never safe," but the raw emotion behind his voice made Peter doubt it wasn't anything but the truth.

"Well, I'm here and I'm going to help you continue to unpack your possessions. And maybe you could even change my bandages," Peter tried to lighten the mood, "But also, of course you're safe. I'm Spiderman."

Percy focused his piercing green eyes on Peter and suddenly his mischievous smirk returned. "Well hey there Pete, fancy seeing you here. In my room."

Peter smiled and stood up from his crouching beside Percy. He was suddenly aware of how crouching made his knees hurt.

Percy stayed sitting on his floor beside his sheets. "I should throw in a load of laundry, want me to throw your suit in with the bloody sheets?" He looked at Pete for a reaction, but hadn't finished his thought, "Don't worry, Paul and Mom are going into town in a bit, so they won't find out."

Peter felt a relief, it always seemed like Percy thought of everything, even though he had only known him 3 days. "Yeah, sure man. Sounds good."

Percy stood and went to grab a shirt out of his always messy closet. Peter stared at his back and saw pink scars dancing in the curvatures of his muscles as he moved. Percy had a lot of scars, and they were pretty apparent. A light pink hue against his slightly darker skin tone. Peter was more lucky, his scars weren't as visible because he was the same tone as them. Since he was a pinker skin tone, his scars were white.

Percy made his way around the room, scooping up laundry from the oddest areas, including his bathroom. Peter was watching, thinking about how his dark blue shirt complemented his skin.

Percy smiled at him as he left the room, Peter was still just standing there. He went back to looking around.

Peter was left alone in the room for a few minutes because he could hear Percy saying goodbye to his mom and Paul as they left for town. Peter, without thinking much of it, began to pace. He was shocked out of it when Percy's voice came at him,

"Enjoying the view?" Percy asked him. Peter realized that he was standing on Percy's ceiling, which was the same height as Peter's; 11 feet. That left Peter staring at Percy's chest.

Pete quickly jumped down, then regretted it. Pain coursed through his body and he doubled over.

Percy was by his side, kneeling. "Look, parallels. Also, don't land like that dumbass. Your entire side and chest are all messed up. You'll be lucky if it doesn't start bleeding again."

Peter looked up at him sheepishly as he tried to take slow, deep breaths, each one hurt though.

"You may be Spiderman, but I think you're going to be on house arrest for a while. I don't need you dying on me Parker. You're safe."