We Love a Good Skate Park

It's okay to be saved once in a while too.

Percy and Peter were in the park. Estelle was a few months old, school was good, Percy briefly helped Apollo, but other than that, life was good. He still couldn't explain his feelings for Pete, he was hopeless in that department, but all he knew was that those feelings kept growing.

Percy was currently practicing his skateboard. It was something he had started to get better at in the last few months. He remembered back when he was 12-13 and he had begged him mom for one. He and Tyson were going to go to this one shop, then... that was a crazy summer.

But Percy had taken up a lot of hobbies in the past year. Swim team, skateboarding, even piano. That last one had been an accident though. He and Peter had been chilling at Pete's house one afternoon and Percy had sat at the piano stool. Peter got invested in his homework for a moment and Percy just let his fingers glide across the keys. He just started tapping notes, but got some rhythm after a few bars. It was therapeutic. He only stopped when he heard a clatter. Miss Parker, May, had dropped her spatula. Even Peter was watching him, in awe.

He landed poorly on his last jump and was thrown forward onto the pavement. Peter was chilling on a wall with his backpack and a sandwich, he laughed at Percy's fail, knowing the other boy would be alright. They had faced monsters and villains together. They were a team.

Percy got up, dusting himself off. His hands were scrapped up a bit, but other than that, he was fine. Peter watched with a smile as he chewed a bite. Percy frowned, trying his hardest not to smile because of Peter's cute face, and took a bite of the sandwich since Peter wasn't expecting that.

Peter leaned backwards and almost fell off the wall, "Hey! You have your own sandwich!" he yelled.

Percy just swallowed the bite and smirked, "But taking yours is so much more fun, it makes it tastier,"

"I don't think that's been scientifically proven," Peter quipped.

"I think it has. Or if it hasn't.... hmm, that should be my next science fair project."

"You know science fair projects aren't mandatory once you get into high school- depending on the teacher. Or school, my school still has them, Midtown high, home of genius prodigy children,"

Percy smirked, "So, what you're saying is that it should be your next science fair project,"

Peter laughed, and continued to eat his sandwich, after swallowing, he answered, "Maybe, if I can figure out an actual way to test that, but you would have to come up with a hypothesis. You know, an If-then-statement,"

"I know what a hypothesis is," Percy sassed.

"Just checking," -Peter's smirk was enough to make Percy look away- "Shall we walk around a bit more? That's your 23rd failed attempt at whatever it was you were attempting. You can eat and walk." Peter jumped off the wall, it was about 5 feet tall.

Percy picked up his skateboard and Peter passed him a plastic wrapped sandwich. Percy opened the wrapping and started taking ginormous bites. Peter rolled his eyes, "Don't cough yourself to death when you find out you can't swallow,"

They started walking down a path. It was nice and peaceful. Of course there was background noise, but that's because this is New York, the city that never sleeps.