Far From Home Part 1

It's okay to be saved once in a while too.

         Peter was doing better, thankfully. Stark's death had taken a toll on the young hero. He was going on a science trip with his school after having to redo the entire school year, (since the snap). He was planning on getting Percy a present while he was in Venice. They were super famous for making things out of glass. Since Peter was leaving the next day, Percy had returned to his magical summer camp. No one had been spared from the snap and the insanity it had brought.

         Ned tried to convince him to loosen up, try and meet some single Europeans, he hadn't realized that despite everything, Peter was still in love with brooding, angsty Perseus. In fact, no one knew how much Percy had stepped up and been there for Peter after Mr. Stark's death. Percy's fatal flaw was loyalty, so of course he was able to push his own problems aside for Peter. He knew what it was like to lose the ones you loved, he was one of the only people who could truly understand what Peter was feeling.

         Peter made a whole plan to do something nice for Percy while he was out of the country, he wanted to let his boyfriend know how much he loved him. He was going to start with a little glass sword necklace, like Percy's Riptide. Peter could see through the mist only after being bitten by a radioactive spider. It was difficult at times, but if Peter squinted he could see things the way Percy saw them.

         He and Ned were arguing about Peter's plan when MJ walked up. Peter played dumb, he didn't really want people to know about him and Percy because he didn't want people asking questions when Percy disappeared for a while or had scars riddling his arms and legs, he was really defensive about that.

         Not to mention, he knew Percy wouldn't admit it, but the snap had messed him up. His boyfriend had flashbacks he refused to talk about more often and Iris messaged his ex Annabeth sometimes about said flashbacks. Peter knew it had to be related to what they went through in Tartarus, but Peter couldn't help feel a little sad about it. He knew it wasn't his area of expertise, but he was a damn superhero and he couldn't even protect his boyfriend.

         MJ gave them both hard looks, "Collecting little glass spoons like a grandma?" She was judging them hard core. Ned just glanced at Peter because that was dumb. "Oh yeah, and travel trip. You guys should probably download a VPN on your phone so the government can't track us while we're abroad."

*

         A convention? Homeless Support. "Thank you all for coming out to support those who have been displaced by the Blip, and of course thanks to our very own Spider-Man!" May announced and the room erupted with clapping.

         Spidey waved and then cleared his throat in front of the mic, "Thank you Miss Parker for having me," he sounded like he was twelve, "And thank you, you guys for having me."

         May took over again, "He'll be right back out to take photos and videos, thank you!" Spidey waved and went backstage. His helmet retreated into his suit.

         "That was amazing!" He high fived his Aunt May as she exclaimed that that was great. Then the two began exclaiming some more, about how nervous they were and how well they did. May told him she thought he was stiff though. He awkwardly agreed. Then she started asking if he had everything needed for his trip.

         A clatter. Happy came in, apologizing for being late. Happy complemented May and it all went from there. Peter looked back and forth between the interaction with a look of confusion on his face. They were flirting.

Blip Beard.

         Peter wanted to interrogate Happy, but Happy delivered some news Peter could have done without. "Nick Fury is going to call me?!"

         As if magic, his phone began to ring, "I don't really want to talk to Nick Fury." Happy argued that he didn't want to talk to Nick Fury either. Peter sent him to voicemail.

         If his boyfriend were there he would have congratulated him for being so ballsy, saying something stupid like "Fuck the people in charge,"

         Happy was completely dismayed, "You do NOT ghost Nick Fury!" Peter was already walking away, promising to call him... after his trip.

         Spidey was overwhelmed by the vast amounts of reporters and camera flashing in his face.

         "Are you the head Avenger now?"

         "Uh, no. I'm not."

         "If aliens come back, what are you going to do?"

         "Does anyone have any Neighborhood questions?"

         "John something, Queen Tribute; What is it like to take over for Tony Stark? Those are some big shoes to fill,"

           Peter was slipping. He was better, but not that much better, "I'ma, I'm gonna go! Thanks so much everyone for coming!" He exited through the roof.

         A rooftop a little ways away. He took his mask off and ignored another phone call. He stared at a giant Iron Man mural. He sighed, mood fallen and missing his boyfriend, the person that had become his anchor.

*

         The next day he was finishing packing for his trip. His room was a disaster and he was smell-checking the clothes he was packing.

         Aunt May accidentally hit him in the face with a banana, "Sorry! I thought you could sense that with your- Peter Tingle!"

         "Please do not start calling it my Peter Tingle," He begged. He was exhausted. May recommended he pack his suit though, just in case.

         She had a tingle about it.

*

         He ignored his suit. He left without it. They were on their way to their first destination. Flash was already giving Peter crap. MJ stuck up for him, got his drink taken away. Now he was on his way for quite the summer adventure, despite his beliefs that everything would go well.