Bonus Chapter- Peter's B Day

It's okay to be saved once in a while too.

         Peter's birthday had to be perfect. Everything had to be perfect. Percy wasn't great with birthdays, considering he hadn't experienced all too many of them. The only birthday's he had been a part of were his own, not other people's. Except for his mom's. Every year for his mom's birthday ever since he was a little kid they did the same thing. Every year they made cupcakes together, (normally of the blue variety because Percy was obsessed) and one would get topped with a candle and Sally would blow it out. It was the one day a year Percy was allowed to stay up late waiting for his mom to get off work. Then late into the night was when they made their cupcakes and just enjoyed each other's presence. It was always a good time, other than when Gabe was in the picture. Percy hid in his room and then they had their cupcakes in there. Then Paul came into the picture and it became a slightly large ceremony. The traditions changed but remained just as important and dear to his heart.

         Except he had missed five years of his mom's birthdays. Five years of his baby sister's birthdays. Estelle was five and when he came back she only knew him from the photos on the walls. She had no memories of when Percy was her favorite person and-

         Focus! Peter's birthday has to be perfect! Percy sighed and hung the rest of the streamers outside the bedroom door. He was going all out this year; he'd woken up at the butt-crack of dawn to decorate and had a whole itinerary planned for the perfect New Rome Date Day. It all began with making Pete breakfast and decorating the apartment. The streamers he was currently hanging were the last decorations, then breakfast.

         Breakfast was a lot harder than hanging decorations. Percy wasn't the best cook. Most of the time he survived on non-perishables because of quests. Yeah, he could whip up something with twinkies and a can of peach preserves, but actually cooking with normal foods was a lot harder. He had to follow instructions and he had to ask EDITH for help, but also asked her to make sure her volume was down so as to not wake up and tip off Peter to Percy's scheme.

         Even following the instructions the meal was a pain in the ass. Percy was what you could call, a chaotic being. Even when doing everything he was supposed to, he still managed to mess things up in such a way that didn't destroy them, but made his life a little harder. Like making breakfast for his boyfriend. It didn't help that Percy had to make everything blue because he was an addict. Who needs Green Eggs and Ham when you have Blue Eggs and Blue Waffles?

         Fresh blue waffles with fresh fruit and eggs that definitely had copious amounts of blue food coloring in them. Percy likes to think that's what got Peter up that morning, the delicious smell of blue waffles wafting into their bedroom. Percy likes to ignore the fact that Peter got up at the same time he always gets up. Yeah, it was definitely the blue waffles.

         Peter got to start the beginning of his eighteenth birthday with his amazing boyfriend and the surprisingly good food he had made, even if it had turned both of their tongues blue. He missed Aunt May of course, but he was going to get to see what Perseus had planned for his significant other.

         The day started off slow and neither boy seemed to mind much. After breakfast and showers and getting dressed, the couple ventured into New Rome, their home for the time being. Percy was in his usual jeans and a hoodie, unkempt hair and stupidly perfect tan skin. Peter had taken a bit longer to pick out his outfit, even though it was him that demanded a very casual birthday attire and refused to let Percy dress up. Of course in doing so, he reminded himself of Mr. Stark. For Mr. Stark's last birthday Peter had been invited and had shown up in a tux. Mr. Stark was in jeans and a t-shirt. A mortified Peter was shocked when Mr. Stark saw his reaction and changed into his sharpest suit, his wedding suit. Everyone quit laughing at Peter real fast.