1. I see you

(Beam POV)

I open my eyes as I hear the nonstop ringing of my phone on the table beside my bed. I just wanted to sleep more but this damn thing keep on bothering me. I don't know whose in the right mind would be calling this early in the morning. It's only 5am!!

I just ignore it, wishing for it to stop, but it doesn't. So, I have no choice but to reach out for my phone and answer whoever this person-who-might-be-coming-from-hell.

"Hello?"

"Ai'Beam. Are you still sleeping?"

Creases are formed on my forehead.

"Ai'Kit! It's only 5am. What do you expect me to do?" I complain to one of my best friends.

"Hey! It's our first day in the university and you're still lying your ass off. Would you like us to be late?!"

My eyebrows almost touch as I think hard of the date today.

F*ck!

It's really our first day in the university! The faculty of medicine has always started earlier than the other faculties. I almost forgot!

"I told you not to drink too much last night. See what it has gotten you," Kit mutter from the other line.

Yeah, I was in pub last night, celebrating the new chapter of my life. Ai' Kit and Ai' Pha, my best friends, were with me but they went home early because they liked to get some good night sleep before the big day.

Me, on the other hand, stayed up late until I got wasted. I was with some women (actually they were there for Ai' Pha, but since Ai' Pha was ignoring them, I just entertained them to my heart's content. Hehe!). I actually didn't know how I was still able to get to my apartment which was just beside Ai'Kit's apartment. Maybe, I dragged myself.

I hang up the call with Kit and hurriedly go to the bathroom to take a bath. My head's throbbing because of last night's hangover. But I ignore it.

Our class will start at 8am, but our seniors would like us to meet at 6:30am. There are things they would like to discuss with us.

I know that Med school was not like the Engineering school that still incorporated SOTUS. We didn't have any hazing activity just to be accepted as their juniors. But still, it would be better to have a good first impression on us than a bad one. Well, seniors are known to be giving their juniors a hard time if they wouldn't like you.

I come at school with Kit since I don't think I could drive my car with my head still throbbing. He keep on nagging me about controlling my drinking habit and being a casanova. We are future doctors, so we have to also take care of ourselves to better take care of our patients.

Yeah, right, mother!

As we arrive, Pha is already there, playing with his phone and totally oblivious of the women, and some men, gawping at him.

"Ai'Pha!" I call.

He turns his head on our direction as we walk towards him.

"Ai'Beam, Ai'Kit. Why did you just arrive?"

"It's Ai'Beam's fault. He woke up late," Kit points at me.

"Well... if we didn't arrive late, those women wouldn't be able to stare at you, Mr. Handsome!" I just tease to change the subject.

It's effective because Pha and Kit look around to see what I was talking about. The women suddenly giggle and murmur to each other as they see Pha looking at them.

Yeah. Even in the university, my best friend would still be famous.

The seniors arrive and they ask us to gather at the gymnasium. We almost fill it up, and some women choose to sit beside us. Of course, I introduce myself to them. Heheh.