21. Holding the key

(Beam)

The moment the classes has resumed on the first day of the week after the biggest competition in the campus, I could feel the eerie aura that surrounds our faculty building as if warning us for the upcoming pandemonium. Everything is still and quite, until the destructive storm has befallen on us in the form of school works. The things we did prior to the contest were just a warm up for the hell that we have to go through.

We are practically running off the whole campus only to finish all the requirements we have to pass this week. Sometimes we're in the library, sometimes on the other faculties, and most of the time in the laboratory. Our seniors told us that it isn't the worst part yet because the complete hell will be starting on our third year, the last year for the academic instructions before our clinical clerkship, and internship.

Well, great isn't it? This isn't the worst yet. I would like to thank those seniors for encouraging us during these dire times.

My friends and I promise to travel out of town after this hell of semester.

Basically, our days pass by like that. And a promise of another days will still be passing by like hell...

However, why in fucking shit do I end up at the faculty of engineering, watching all these freshmen receiving their hazing activities from their seniors who is led by none other than that menacing tall man, under the scorching sun?

"I can't hear you! Louder!" Forth yells to these pitiful freshmen.

They count on the top of their lungs as they do the sit-up together.

I was nudged on my side by Kit.

Oh, right. He's the reason why I was dragged in here.

"Forth is a better head hazer than that violent P'Tae. How dare him picked on his juniors? He doesn't deserve that title!" he exasperatedly says.

"You hate him because he picked on his juniors in general or because he picked on your husband specifically?" I ask.

"In general, of course!"

My brow jerks up in disbelief as my eyes scrutinize him, but he just roughly brushes me away as if I am some kind of annoying insect, then turns to talk with the medic in stand by.

Tsk!

I just bring my attention back to this incredulous scene in front of me...

Last week, while we were busy tending with those paper works as well as the other students from different faculties with their businesses, a news from the engineering faculty has shaken up the whole campus.

Remember their tradition called SOTUS?

Honestly speaking, no matter what I do, I don't get this hazing activites of them. Aside from the seniors were displaying their power over their juniors, I don't get their other intentions for doing this practice. They said, it creates an undeniable bond within their faculty, however it could also become a mean to exploit the others...just like what happened when everyone was so busy.

P'Tae, the previous head hazer was said to be hidden a grudge at Ming for boldly showing disrespect and challenging him during their first meeting. He intended on getting back at him, but because Ming was chosen as their representative to the campus and star competition, he wasn't able to do it. So the moment the competition ended and Ming finally returned to their sotus activity, he had executed his plan to ruin Ming.

Every punishment that should be given to everyone every time they had done a mistake was all given to Ming to shoulder on. The other members of the hazing team were trying to stop their leader, but he wouldn't listen to anyone...