2. Drinking Buddies

(Beam's POV)

As you all know, my best friend Pha is our faculty's moon representative. I have no idea why it's becoming a big deal to our school as if it's a search for the next big star.

Everyday, for three weeks, the moons and stars have to gather at the practice hall to, of course, practice for the upcoming event.

Would you believe it that they have to sing and dance?!

Kit and I are laughing our asses off as we watch Pha dancing and singing so awkwardly.

Okay, He might be handsome but he doesn't have it all. He can sing, yes, a few notes. But dance? I bet, my dog's a better dancer than him. Anyway, no one will be looking at his steps because people will stare straight to his face and body. It's unfair, right? (Hahaha!)

If Kit brought his study materials to the practice hall (because Pha keeps on dragging us, too) to study, me, on the other hand, is busy chatting with the sophomores stars who have to monitor and guide the freshmen.

"So, will you be coming tonight at my apartment?" the star of agriculture asks me while her fingers touching my arm.

I smile at her. Many have said I have a perfect smile. I am actually planning of becoming an endorser of toothpaste brand and dental clinic. (Haha! just kidding!)

"Of course, I'll come. Or...would you like to do it now?" I seductively say.

But someone has hit me on the head.

"Ai'Beam! We have a quiz tomorrow. We need to review tonight." That is Kit.

Why does he have to always spoil my plan? Well, those professors have given us tons of things to do and quizzes in the first week of our class. Will it always be like this to be a doctor?

"I'll just review at her apartment," I say.

"Review, my ass! You'll be doing the other thing. When you fail, Pha and I will never back you up."

"Fine. Fine." I turn to my star this day. "Can we escape right now? I think, they wouldn't mind."

From my peripheral vision, I see Kit shaking his head. Why? If I couldn't do it later, why not now, right? I could drive from her apartment then go back even before this freaking practice finished and come with them to review.

My star for this day is about to agree with me, but the trainer calls in for a ten-minute break. Suddenly, my star for this day gazes with twinkling eyes at Pha who is walking at our direction. (Yes, I know! I was just your temporary fling!)

"What's up?" Kit greets.

Pha reaches out for the bottled water on the table behind us, then sits beside Kit.

"I'm tired," he answers.

"But you're doing great!" I tease him that earn a glare from him. He knows he's not good at dancing.

"N'Beam, wouldn't you introduce me to your friend?" My star for this day says.

I look at Pha. "Ai'Pha! Would you like to be introduced?"

"No."

I am not shocked by his answer because he's not interested in any woman. Since high school, he is only interested to one person.

I turn to my star for this day who has a redden face right now. She walks out without even waiting for what I am about to say.

"Oh! You ruined my date, Ai'Pha!"

He just shrugs as he gulps his water.

I am complaining at them of how I couldn't be with women every night because of this stupid practice and late night review sessions when someone approaches Pha. It's the Engineering moon!

"Hey, Pha. Would you like to come with us? We will be drinking a few drinks at a nearby pub after this practice."

Oh, wait. When did they become drinking buddies?

Ah, right. Among the moons of the all faculties, Pha is able to get friendly with this Engineering moon. We saw them talking a lot in practice, or when Kit and I were not around Pha.

"Okay," Pha answers.

"Oy! But you said we have to review," I protest immediately. I lost my date because of it.

The Engineering moon shifts at my direction.

Shit! Why does he look scary? Will he be breaking my neck for interrupting them?

But, he did not do it. Instead, he smiles. He has a perfect teeth as mine. Could he be an endorser with me? (Wait! What was I thinking?!)

"Don't worry. We'll not be staying late. You could come if you want," He invites me...ah, no. He invites me and Kit.

"Okay. We'll come," Kit agrees.

What?! But he stopped me with my date a while ago! Where's justice in this?!

The trainer starts calling for them, so Pha and the Engineering moon abruptly come back. But before that, the Engineering moon wai at us. We wai back. He might not be what I was thinking about him.

After practice, we go straight to the pub the others are saying. Luckily, It is near to our apartment, and the same pub I was at the last time.

Only Kit and I are not the moons in our group, but it didn't mean we are behind their looks. If Pha was not in same faculty as me, I was probably the moon (and I am not just bragging! I'm really handsome. How could I be called a casanova if it isn't true?). Meanwhile, Kit is a cute version of handsome. He was even called Kitkat when we're in high school because he's really cute with his dimples and short legs. haha!

We let them order for our food and drinks. I actually preferred hard drinks, but because these moons are worrying about their skin, they chose sissy drinks.

What the hell? If they were thinking about their skin, they wouldn't be here in the first place. Were they idiot?

But I didn't dare to complain. They might hit me, you know.

However, all of my complains are drowned as we got to know them. They're fun to be with and we don't need hard drinks to enjoy every moment. They regard me and Kit as part of their group. They even plan of meeting from time to time even after the competition. They also believe that it's either Pha or Forth, the Engineering moon, will win the contest, and they are cool about it. (oh, I know his name, okay? I just didn't want to call him by his name.)

Anyway, while we're laughing at one another, Forth told us that he would smoke outside. I'm allergic to smoke! Fortunately, he has some sense to go out. I really don't like people who smoke. It's like they're slowly killing themselves as well as the people around them. I am hoping that one day, Forth would come to his senses and stop smoking.

After hours of drinking sissy drinks, we decide to go home as we need to review for our quiz tomorrow. But, on our way out, a woman in red tube blocks my way. By the way she's looking at me, I already know that she's hitting with me. She's beautiful with a great body. A little wouldn't hurt, right?

Hence, I tell Pha and Kit that I'd be just following them at Pha's apartment because I have an urgent thing to do. Kit glares at me, and Pha just shakes his head and even tells me to not forget protection as they enter their own car.

I lead the woman to my parked CR-V. I open the door for her and just as she is inside my car, I see Forth coming out. He looks at me and the woman in my car, then stops for a moment. I smilingly wave my hands at him, since we're already friends. He smiles a little and waves back before he straddles to his Ducati motorbike. He honks his horn bike to bid goodbye to us as he speeds away.

I never consider people in motorbike as cool. For me, it's quite dangerous. However, upon seeing him in his bike, I think he's the coolest person on earth.