6. Captivating Smile 2

(Forth's POV)

cont...

I considered Lam as my closest friend in the campus so I always told him all my observations about Beam. He would always give his ears without judging me for all I said.

Actually he seemed to know my feelings more than me.

I couldn't say that I don't like Beam... but I couldn't also say that I like him.

All these times, I only thought that I was just curious about his personality and how special he was for driving those women mad. I heard, they called him the casanova...

...and I don't like it.

During the contest, would you believe that I didn't plan of singing that song? I had practiced a different song for the competition. A more upbeat song to energize the audience, and not that confession song.

I just decided to change it when I saw him and Kit pranking their sleeping friend.

I was so nervous at that time, because I was not really a type of person who would be on stage in front of a big audience.

However, upon seeing his smile...

... I was calmed down.

And that song popped out of my head.

So, without a practice, I played it to the person with the brightest smile for me.

If he had just looked at me when Kit asked me for whom did I sing that song... he would realize that I was looking at him when I answered 'for you.'

But his eyes were on Kit, and Kit turned to his friend so he didn't see it, too.

I just covered my embarrassment by laughing out loud since I guessed, they didn't like my answer. And I felt like an idiot for saying it.

If I uttered the words my heart was shouting, I was afraid I would lose that smile.

So, it's better to keep it to myself.

Keep it to see more of his captivating smile...

Keep it to maintain the friendship I struggle to build with...

And keep it, though I was ripping a million times when he's with somebody else.

Beam posted pictures about the night we partied together after the competition in Facebook. I didn't dare to open it, because it only reminded me of what I saw that night.

Of course, I could never change the kind of person he was.

I'm just a friend. And will remain a friend.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A month passes by fast than we have expected. We did dozens of homeworks, paperworks, and quizzes. Aside from that, we had to attend a meeting with the seniors after our class. If someone was gone or late, we all received punishments.

I am actually wondering if I entered the right faculty. Sometimes, I thought of transferring to other faculty that doesn't have this torture.

But then, I would be considered weak if I decided to quit.

Therefore, I am still here until this big day for us.

It's the day we have to get the consent from the seniors to be their juniors.

They are standing at the field's benches where the flag we have to capture is behind them. They only gave us a vague instruction as to how we could get the flag from them.

Think if SOTUS.

What about it? Are they asking us to define it? To explain it? To shout together?