29. He's mine

(Beam)

Creases are formed on my forehead at the way these friends of mine are narrowing their eyes on me. They have been giving me that odd look since the moment they have arrived at my apartment.

I have called them this morning to borrow their notes of the lessons I have missed these past two days. I wasn't able to go to school because...uhm...you know, my body aches, especially my hips and as-- back, and I don't want to stagger around the campus like a limping old man. Also, with all the marks I got from Forth who doesn't even think of leaving it in easier-to-hide area, it could only attract attention and question, particularly if you have snooping friends.

That's why, I just want them to drop off the notes I have to copy without too much talk when I called them. However, I was surprised to see the two of them with their back pack and books in front of my apartment. They stared at me for a moment before they declared that they will be staying over my room to review. I haven't gotten a chance to protest when, they barged in, shoving me on the side. (Seriously, I am the owner here and not just some bystander they have to shove around -_-") It leaves me no choice but to let them with whatever they are planning.

But these jerks, instead of reviewing, they're just gazing at me like I am some kind of specimen they have to observe in a microscope while I am copying the lessons.

"Are all the answers in the exam is on my face?" I quip at them since I could no longer take their strange gazes.

"We wish for it, too, but none," Kit replies. "Anyway, what's with your turtle neck long sleeves?" (Crap!) "Have you forgotten how hot the weather in Thailand is right now? I don't think you're sick because you have turned the a/c on the highest temperature. Are you fucking out of your mind? Or... You're hiding something?"

Damn Kitty Kitkat! Why does he have to be so perceptive? Even Pha has given the same inquisitive look like Kitkat has been giving me. That's why I don't want to see them. They will only start bugging me!!

"It's the latest fashion," I remark, trying to get away from their nosiness. "I can't understand your handwriting, Ai'Pha. It's all crooked!"

"Hey! Don't even try to change the subject by mocking my handwriting. You could always understand it before..." Yeah right -_-" "...Why were you absent for two days, anyway? You wouldn't even meet us, though Kit's apartment is just beside yours."

"Yeah," Kitkat agrees. "You wouldn't let me in, but Forth... If you think, you can hide it, Beammy, think again. I have implanted a cctv in front of your dorm so I know you didn't sleep in your apartment the day you ditched me at the faculty of engineering. Then, the next early morning, you were sneaking in your room with Forth. Tell us honestly, what really happened that you have to skip class, though final exams are coming?"

I think my eyes are big as a tennis ball as I look at him.

Oh, well. I am screwed.

I feel like a rat caught in a trap of these two. Seriously, when did they become soooo nosy? Only I have the rights to pry around their lives! But, I suppose, it is what friends usually do.

"Whatever. As if you're not letting Mingkwan in your apartment, Kitty Kitkat. I also installed a cctv in your room, so I know everything that's happening," I retort.

I don't really put cctv in Kit's room, nor he did with mine. It's just that, the walls between our apartment are too thin, and perfect for us to pry at each other's life.

Those days I was absent, I heard Ming's voice as he took Kitkat home. And because I am always 'curious' with all the things, I took a peek at them. Ming was using all his charms to persuade kitty Kitkat to invite him in. Kit, at first, was making a fuss, yet in the end, he allowed Ming. I tried to listen to whatever they were doing through our walls, but I hadn't heard anything unusual aside from Ming's ceaselessly amused laughs, and Kit's cranky voice.