11. Except for one

(Beam)

I look boringly around the pub we decided to hang out for this night. Unlike with the pubs and clubs we usually go, this one is too dreary. Not because of its interior and the like, actually it appears to be more classy than the previous clubs and pubs we went, but because it lacks of blaring music, neon lights, and people dancing on the floor. With the soft music playing on the background and the nature-like color, It's more of a place to hangout if you wanted to focus in studying rather than forgetting it and have some fun.

Pha chooses this pub. Luckily, they are serving alcoholic beverages. Because if they're not, I'll storm out, right away.

I keep glancing at everyone in the pub. They're all kind of scholarly except for our group that only talks out loud. I will not wonder if somebody glared at us for being noisy because they're studying.

I just return my attention to this group of moons I and my best friends hang out. Imagine, we're all handsome men, yet no one's taking a peek on us! They're talking about the moon and star competition, of course, since it's about to happen this year. Actually, it has started its photoshoot this morning, and the rehearsal will begin on Monday. Just like before the first moon and star competition we attended, the school is making it a big deal especially now that I've heard, they got a lot of sponsors. Thank you to the success of last year's contest where our best friend, Pha won.

Oh, have I mentioned that we're in our second year? You probably know it because of holding another moon and start contest. Even if I prayed all day and night for a second contest last year so that I could meet more beautiful girls, it's only been held once every academic year.

Suddenly, someone gently taps my shoulder. I turn to see Kit. He didn't join us coming here together because he has to get the notes he has left in Pha's apartment. He just promised to follow us after. And now that he's here, he looks excited and astonished. Why? Did someone get into his ass?

"I have something to tell, Beam," he whispered on my ear, and I frown. "Hey, it's important. You'll be surprised, too." He tries to lower down his voice.

The others just notice him then greet him. He greets them back, after it he pulls the sleeve of my shirt to come with him. So, I let him drag me to the corner of the pub.

"If you're just going to say that you have found a boyfriend, I'll shove my feet on your face," I said because I feel like saying to.

Kit smacks me in the head.

"Stop being a smartass, Beam. I never found a boyfriend and I'll never find a boyfriend. But, I found someone else... I found N'Wayo," he uttered in a very low voice for us not to be overheard.

"N'Wayo? The guy from highschool?? The one Pha became so obsessed and even asked us to stal~"

Kit covers my mouth with his hand.

"Fuck, Beam! You're too loud!"

Luckily, our group is busy chatting with one another. Only two persons seem to notice my loud voice: Pha, the star of our conversation, and Forth, whose eyes I couldn't take every time he stare. Nevertheless, I wave happily at them before turning back my attention to Kit.

"Is it true? Is he really N'Wayo?"

"Yes. He's in the same university as us, and lives in the same apartment building as Pha."

"No way!"

"Shhh. You're really loud. Anyway, I saw him a while ago. He changes a lot. He becomes cuter."

"Really? So does it mean Pha already know that the one he's been looking for so long is just around him?" Pha's not telling us anything. :(

Kit shakes his head.