8. This Gear

(Beam's POV)

Can somebody tell me how can I divide myself into many parts? Because, right now, I need more Beam to survive this freaking semester. I really have no idea how to complete all the things these fabulous professors (kindly take note of my sarcasm) have given to us. We're already done with our midterm exam, but we have to worry, right away, with our endterm exam.

Every night, I am at Kit's room to review with him. Sometimes, I feel like he's already my wife because I tend to be always with him than my beloved girlfriends.

Oh, I miss cuddling them!

How long have I not seen any woman? I think it's already a week. (A week?! That's the longest time I haven't been with a woman!!)

Anyway, I have to focus with the lecture or else I'll lose to Kit and Pha. Well, Kit and I always lose with Pha.

Since the start of this hell, we decided to set a competition within ourselves to convince ourselves to study (because if we would not be doing this, we'll definitely fall behind). The person who will have the lowest score among us has to treat us lunch until another quiz or exam has to be taken. Last time, I was the lowest. Out of 30 I only got 27 while Kit got 28 and Pha got 29. And these jerks, they're chosing the most expensive meal! I promise to get back at them by being the highest...at least with Kit's score because obviously Pha will always get a free lunch. (Isn't it unfair? But we agree to it)

After our class, Pha and Kit head to the cafeteria while, I have to bring back the books I borrowed from the library. Before they leave, they asked for my card to pay for their meals since we haven't received our quiz result today from one of our subjects, so I'm still in charge of the lunch. (They're really trying to bankrupt me!) I told them to order me food as well since it's my money, and I'd be with them right after I return these books.

So, I quickly go to the campus' vast library.

"Sawadee kah," I wai our beautiful librarian.

"Sawadee krup, N'Beam. What can I do for you?" she questions while smiling at me.

"Nothing, P'Prim. Your presence is enough for me to forget how dreadful my day is. A smile from your lovely lips can put color to my grey world,"

She couldn't help herself from blushing. Hehe!!

"Stop it, N'Beam. You know I'm married."

"But it doesn't mean I could stop myself from admiring you."

Her eyes flutter while hiding her embarrassment.

I actually have no intention of flirting with married or committed women. I don't want to get in trouble with their husbands or boyfriends. It's the rule I set for myself. But, I have to use my charms with P'Prim to avoid paying my overdue. It's those bastards' faults why I couldn't pay for it. They're extorting me!! So, I have no choice.

"So..." I slowly put the books on the counter while locking an intense gaze with her. "I want to return these books, my angel. Can I?" I even use a sugary-coated voice.

"Of course, N'Beam..."

She gets the books from me without even checking the due date. I suppose, my strategy's effective. I even wink at her to complete my plan that almost make her faint. (Sorry, P'Prim!!)

I abruptly leave the scene of the crime before she realizes what I did.

"I saw what you did."

My heart almost drops when someone suddenly speaks as I rush out of the library. I turn to see Forth standing behind me.

"Fuck, Forth! I thought you're a ghost!" I growl at him because I am really surprised. He's like a cat, making no sound of his swift movements.