Dieciseis (16)

Jose

I wake up and sit up. I scan the room and I see I'm in Angel's room. I sigh and grab my crutches. I walk downstairs carefully and head to the kitchen. I make pancakes but they weren't as good as Angel's. I climb the stairs once more and wrap my leg in plastic so I could take a shower. The hot water felt good rolling down my back.  I washed my body down and let the hot water bounce off my body for 15 more minutes before getting out.

I head to the door and hail for a taxi. "To the hospital please" I said. The driver nodded and took me to the hospital. I paid him and hurried inside. "hi, how may I help you today sir?" the receptionist asked. "I'm here to see Angel Lopez" I replied with a crack in my voice as I kept my tears in. "are you related to miss Lopez?" she asked sternly. "yes, I'm her fiance I lied. She nods and checks the computer for her room number. "room 569 on the third floor" "thank you." She nods and I head to the elevator.

She's currently in the ICU (intensive care unit). I get to her room and use the badge the lady gave me to see her. I get into her room and she's hooked up to these big machines. Tears flood my eyes making my vision blurry. I sat down on the chair and propped my crutches against the wall. "hey, baby girl" I clear my throat and started talking to her again.

I ramble on and on about the memories we've shared together. "The day I lost you was the worst day of my life." I sniffled and I brushed her hair out of her face. "I hope you could see it in you to forgive me Angel, I refuse to lose you completely." As soon as I said that, the machines started flat lining and the doctors rushed into the room. "sir we need you to leave right now" the doctor said. I left while the doctors wheeled her into a different room.

It was no use of staying. The doctors kept telling me I needed to go home. I went home and slept in her bed again. "I need to find someone who can clean my room tomorrow" I muttered to myself. I made a few phone calls and I found someone. I fell asleep with her on my mind again. "I hope she's ok" I thought. "this is all Derek's fault" I said. "none of this would have happened if he would have stayed his ass in jail and leave her alone." 

I groaned as I tossed and turned. Horrible thoughts flood my brain and I woke up screaming. I sit up and grab the remote. I turn on the TV to flood out the negative thoughts. "don't worry Jose, she'll be home soon."