0.2

Two: No Time For Boys

I spent the last 10 minutes of class staring out the window, thinking about the amount of food I was going to eat when I got home

As soon as the bell granted my freedom, I booked it to my brand new car sitting in the parking lot.

I should clarify; when I say brand new, I mean brand new to me. I drove an old Honda Civic that was in dire need of a fresh coat of silver paint, but hey- it got me where I needed to be. Besides, I just got my permit, so I can't really argue about not driving a nice car.

The second I reached my vehicle, a large honk came from behind me, causing me to jump about three feet in the air and clutch my poor heart for dear life. I spun around to see Flash drive away with a smirk, laughing his smug little ass off.

"Keep driving Daddy's car, asshole!" I yelled, shaking my fist in the air as if that would actually do any damage. I sighed, unlocking my car and hopping in. I texted Wendy letting her know that I was on my way home and I would meet up for dinner with her later.

As soon as I arrived home, I ran to my kitchen, but not before kissing my Mom quietly on the cheek as she had a conference call in her home office.

I opened the fridge and began pigging out as my Mom entered the kitchen, sighing at the sight in front of her.

"Josie, eat like a decent human being, please. How are you ever supposed to get a boy with eating habits like that," my Mom joked, pouring herself an afternoon coffee.

"Not sure, Mom. Maybe I'll spin a web and catch him," I snorted, stuffing another handful of chips in my mouth.

"Alright, that's enough junk. Healthy food for now, as I assume you'll be dining with Wendy as you do every Monday night?" My Mom chuckled, snatching the bag of chips from me.

"You know me so well," I sighed, grabbing a banana and heading to my room.

"I guess that's why I gave birth to you!" My Mom called after me, and I snickered on my way down the hall.

***************

"So, I heard you and Flash had a kerfufel in the halls when I left today," Wendy mumbled between her bites of Thai noodles. I groaned at the memory.

"Ugh, don't even get me started with that creep. He's got a major little man complex that needs to go," I sighed, dousing my food in soy sauce.

"But I also heard that someone stuck up for you. A sophomore?" Wendy pried.

"Yeah, some kid with the last name Parker. Never got his first name, although Flash did call him 'Penis' which was quite entertaining since he-y'know- lacks one," I grumbled between bites of food.

"Oh, Peter! He's in my calc class, he's cute.. in a dorky, sweet kinda way," Wendy wiggled her eyebrows at me. I stared at her with confusion until she groaned.

"You know... he stood up for you.. he's cute.. he's a little sophomore..." She trailed on, waving her chopstick around for emphasis. Realization struck me and I laughed.

"Oh, darling. Boys are literally the last thing on my mind right now. First thing is to pay for this bill, and then go home to sleep. Cmon, I'm tired," I patted my belly and waved for the check.

We said our goodbyes outside the restaurant and parted ways. I took the train down because gas was starting to get a bit expensive.

After hopping on a train, I plugged my headphones into my phone and began to play some music, drowning out the world around me.

WHOOP WHOOP ITS THE SOUND OF DA POLICE

SORRY IM HYPER LOL AND VERY MOTIVATED TO WRITE, IN FACT YOU MIGHT GET ANOTHER CHAPTER TONIGHT HOLLA K BYE