0.3

Three: A Heroic Idiot

I was having a lovely evening train ride, until some jerk decided to ruin it by objectifying me

"Damn, that ass real?" A 20-something year old creep called out to me. I slowly turned around, pulling out my earbuds.

"Oh, you said that to the wrong girl," I growled, not ready for any of his shit.

"I don't think you've ever thought about anyone else in that thick skull of yours, but just bear with me for a minute. Do you think you'd be totally cool with a man saying that to your Mom? Or perhaps yours aunts? Or even sisters? Honestly, how can assholes think that women appreciate that kind of comment? Because at the end of the day, your horny clap of approval does not improve my day, believe it or not, it actually creeps me out!" I yelled, causing a scene on the nearly empty train. The guy glared at me, standing up and moving over to me.

I stood my ground, standing up as well and facing the guy, knowing he wouldn't hit me with the few other occupants on this train.

I was wrong.

"You little skank," he growled, landing a solid slap across my face. I gasped in utter shock, feeling the sting on my cheek and knowing that my lip may or may not be bleeding.

I stared back at the guy with new fear, realizing he was crazy.

"That will teach you not to open that trap of yours," he stepped forward again causing me to flinch back, but before I felt the impact of that creeps hand again, I heard a loud thud.

The kid from earlier today- Peter- had the guy held on the ground, grunting as he tried to keep him down. I was in such shock, I couldn't comprehend what was going on. Suddenly the man jumped back up, throwing Peter off of him and causing his head to make contact with the train floor.

At this point, the last few people on the train had called the police. The train stopped at a station, and the man landed a quick punch to Peter's face before scurrying off the platform and booking it.

I was just leaning against the wall, breathing heavily as I stared at Peter groaning on the floor. I snapped to my senses when he made eye contact with me.

"Oh my god," I gasped, rushing to his side to assess the damage.

"Jesus Christ, are you okay?! What the hell-"

"Please don't yell at me for sticking up for you again," he groaned, sitting up and feeling the back of his head for blood, which thankfully there was none. However, there was a good flow coming from his nose, which may have been broken.

"No, no I-.. I just can't believe you did that. Jesus, Parker, you're sure one tough kid," I chuckled, looking up at the few stops we had left before mine.

"Your nose.." I mumbled, about to touch his wound before realizing how weird it would be to touch this boy's face who I only met once.

He felt where the man had punched him and groaned at the pain.

"What's your stop?" I asked, helping him to a seat beside us.

"39th a-avenue," he sighed, holding his head. I knew my stop was only one away from his, so I made the quick decision to show him my gratitude by making sure he got home.

"Alright, c'mon. Next stop is ours," I pulled him to his feet, hooking my hand in his elbow and getting him out of the doors of the stopped train.

"Y-you really don't h-have to-"

"Just accept the damn gesture, Parker," I sighed, continuing to walk him home with his directions.

"What were you doing on the train at 9pm?" I asked him as we neared his apartment.

"I was coming home from the l-library," he stuttered, and something told me this wasn't the truth.

"Such a nerd," I groaned as we walked up the steps and began climbing the main stairs to his floor.

Once we reached his door, I was about to turn the knob when he grabbed my hand, stopping me. He blushed and dropped it.

"My Aunt is probably in bed, so we have to be super quiet. I don't want her to worry," he said, concern lacing his voice. I nodded, opening the door slowly.

We tip-toed through the homey apartment, finally getting to the washroom. I turned the tap on low as to not be heard, grabbing a cloth from the cabinet as Peter sat on the edge of the sink.

I began to slowly clean his nose, flinching every time he hissed in pain.

"You know, you really shouldn't have done that. It was quite stupid of you," I mumbled, finally getting all the blood off of his face.

"Only you would call me stupid after I protected you from that creep," he chuckled.

"Shut up, Peter," I growled.

"Hey, that's not fair. You know my name," he pouted a little.

"Yeah, I do," I smirked, but a small sting at my mouth caused me to flinch. I looked in the mirror to realize I had forgotten about being hit myself. A small bruise was forming on my cheek and I had just reopened the small cut on my mouth.

"Hey, let me help..." Peter trailed off, hinting that he wanted my name.

"Ugh, Jo. My name is Jo," I mumbled angrily as he hopped off the sink and grabbed the clean side of the cloth. He slowly wiped away the blood, using gentle hands. He stared into my eyes for a few seconds before they widened.

Realizing our close proximity, he blushed fiercely and back up, coughing a bit.

"You really don't know how to act around girls," I chuckled.

"Peter? Is that you?" A voice called from outside the door, and Peter gasped, looking at the closed door in a panic.

"Y-yeah, May! It's, uh, it's me!" He stammered, washing the blood out of the cloth.

"Go to sleep, Hun. You've got school tomorrow and it's almost 10," the voice called back, and I heard footsteps walking away.

"G-Got it!" He called back, sighing when he heard her leave.

"I guess that's my cue to scram. Check ya on the flip-side," I nodded at him, slowly opening the door and sneaking to the exit.

Before I left, I felt a hand on my shoulder, causing me to turn around. Peter stood there, a nervous smile on his face.

"Thanks," he whispered.

"I should be thanking you, Wonder-Boy," I chuckled, punching his arm lightly and walking out the door.

As I walked the rest of the way home, I thought about how he just jumped out of no where and fearlessly took on that guy with no hesitation.

"What an idiot," I murmured.

WASSSUUUUPPP

HERES ANOTHER UPDATE CAUSE I FELT LIKE IT. IDK IF IM GOING TO CAST MY BOOK BUT OBVIOUSLY TOM HOLLAND OR ANY OTHER MARVEL CHARACTERS ARE CASTED AS THEIR MOVIE COUNTERPARTS. ANYWAYS, SEE YALL LATER