1.7

Seventeen: Go Get 'Em

I smile at the scene in front of me

I smile at the scene in front of me. It actually looks like.. fun? I shook my head as we exited May's car, looking at the building covered in decorations.

"Oh my god," Wendy squealed, grabbing onto Ned's arm and dragging him towards the building. Peter and I laughed at his terrified face and followed the pair.

Before we could reach the doors, Liz Allen arrived, her Father perched on the hood of his vehicle as he spoke to her. The second Peter saw the man, he tensed up. I turned to him, giving him a questioning glance before I heard my name.

"Jo! Peter!" Liz smiled, beckoning us to her. We walked arm and arm towards her car, Peter gulping nervously.

"Dad, this is Jo. Remember, we used to be in ballet class together?" Liz smiled at me, and I smiled back.

"Of course! Jo, how are you?" He smiled politely, and I smiled back.

"I'm doing well, sir. I'm not in ballet anymore though," I joked, and he chuckled.

"And this is Peter. He's in academic decathlon with me," she smirked at Peter and I, winking at our linked arms.

"Oh, you were probably on the elevator with Liz when all the fuss went about," he nodded. Peter opened his mouth but was interrupted by Liz.

"Actually, he saw it from the ground. He kind of disappeared all day. But it's okay, Spider-Man saved us," she smiled widely.

Her Father seemed to get a look in his eyes as he stared at Peter. I began to wonder what was going on. The mention of Peter's alter ego seemed to add a thick layer of tension to their exchange.

"Oh yes, that Spider-Man. He's quite an interesting one, isn't he?" Liz's Dad continued staring Peter down as he coughed awkwardly. I could feel how tense he was with his arm linked to mine.

"Yeah, Peter actually met Spider-Man. He works with him in the Stark internship program he's in," Liz continued, seeming a bit bored as she stared at the doors that were just up the stairs.

"Oh really?" His gaze turned dark, and I began to worry.

"A-actually I don't intern there anymore. It d-didn't really, uh, work out," he swallowed, fear taking over his eyes.

"Why not?" Liz's Father inquired, his gaze hard as he stared down Peter. My own anxiety began to rise at the exchange, and something told me this man was figuring out who Peter was.

"That's enough, Dad. We want to go have fun," Liz groaned, saying her goodbyes as we walked towards the stairs.

"Pete, what just happened?" I whispered. He shook his head, his eyes wide with fear. I held tightly onto his arm as we entered the room, music filling our ears.

"Peter-" I sighed, watching as he started zoning out.

"I.." he stopped speaking, looking around, then back to the door.

"Liz's Dad. He's the vulture. The man with the wings," he got out, and my eyes widened, my breath being caught in my throat.

"Peter.." I gasped, grabbing his hand.

"I.. I have to go," he shook his head, staring at me. "I'm.. so sorry-"

"Peter," I sighed, my frustration building. He can't go and take on this guy. He doesn't even have his suit, he could easily get killed.

"I have to," he shook his head, still holding my gaze.

"No, you don't. Peter, you could get killed. You don't have your suit, you don't know how to take on this guy," I groaned in frustration.

"Josie, I have to try. I can't let him hurt anyone else," he begged.

"What about me? What happens to me when you get hurt? I can't lose you, Peter! I just got you," I whispered the last part, breaking eye contact,

"You won't lose me. You never will," he pulled my chin up, making me stare into his eyes.

"Please, Jo. I have to do this," he whispered.

I slowly nodded my head, and he gave me a small smile.

"Now, I need a kiss and a 'Go Wonder-Boy' before I leave," he teased, and I smiled a little.

I placed a soft kiss to his lips, holding onto him for dear life.

"Go get 'em, Wonder-Boy," I whispered. He nodded, giving me one last peck before rushing through the crowd of students, booking it down the halls.

"Hey, where'd Peter go?" Wendy asked as I approached them.

"Off to.. wherever he goes," I smiled sadly, looking at the door he ran through.

OH SHIT WADDUP HE GOTTA BLAST LOL OKAY UH YEAH THIS HAPPENED OKAY VOTE AND COMMENT PLS ILY BYE