0.8

Eight: Knight In Not-So-Shining Armour

It had been almost a week since I had spoken to Peter, and I was getting pretty sick of seeing him sulk whenever I was near

Any time I would pass him in the halls or spot him in the cafeteria, he had this puppy dog look full of sadness and despair that I just found so annoying.

He knew exactly what made me angry. He knew that his lack of trust in me is what set me off. All he needed to do was trust me, but he couldn't even do that.

"Parker and Ned have been staring at you for a good five minutes now. It's starting to get creepy," Wendy pointed out, chugging back her water. I groaned, slamming my head on the table.

"Can't the nerd-lord and his minion just leave me alone," I grumbled in misery, just wishing I could stop feeling his eyes on my back.

"He's miserable without you, Jojo. He needs you, and you need him," she sighed.

"No, I do not need someone who keeps secrets and flips out at me when all I did was care for him," I argued, perching my fist under my chin.

"He probably was embarrassed. He could have gotten beat up by someone and didn't want you to think he was a total loser," she tried to defend him, but I shook my head.

"I've literally witnessed him get beat up. He wouldn't be so secretive if that was the case. Anyways, I don't care. It's not like it bothers me," I shrugged, knowing I was lying through my teeth.

"Jesus, Jo. Stop lying to yourself. Peter treats you exactly how you deserve to be treated and yet you want to blow him off? That's ridiculous, and you know it. Some people have dark pasts, and you of all people should know that. So what if he has a secret? If it really affected you, then he would tell you. You're forgetting that you've only known this boy for a few weeks. Give him a shot," Wendy sighed, finishing her rant.

"Damn, Wen.. I didn't know you could get so deep," I mumbled, and Wendy rolled her eyes.

"Stop stalling and go apologize to Peter," she shoved me.

"I'm not going to talk to him," I stood my ground, knowing that I must have been right.

"But you belong together!" Wendy cried in frustration. I widened my eyes at her, shocked to hear those words.

"Excuse me? I don't like Parker like that. And I never will," I huffed, getting up from my spot and leaving the disgusting food.

"W-Where are you going?" Wendy called after me, but I ignored her and burst through the doors to the back field. I needed to clear my head.

"Jo! Wait!" I heard a voice call after me, and I saw my knight in shining freaking armour run after me.

"Oh, great!" I laughed dryly, causing Peter to slow down in front of me.

"Jo, I know you're mad, but what happened-"

"I don't need you to come chasing after me, Parker! I'm a big girl, I can handle my own problems," I growled, continuing to walk away from Peter.

"Jo, please-"

"I told you already, I don't have time for people who don't trust me, so if you want me back in your life then explain to me what's been going on with you," I spun to face him, seeing the panic and uncertainty flash through his eyes.

"I-.. I can't. I'm sorry, please know that I wish I could-"

"Enough with the bullshit. I'm out of here," I scoffed, walking away again.

"Wait, Josephine-"

"Don't you dare call me that!" I screamed, facing him with rage. He took a step back as I glared him down, turning for the last time.

He didn't follow me as I let the silent tears drip down my cheeks.

THAT WAS INTENSE YIKES PETER TELL THE WOMAN HOW U FEEL BOIIIIII OKAY PLS VOTE AND COMMENT I LOVE SEEING PEOPLE ON HERE GOODBYEEEE