0.5

Five: Don't Make A Habit Out Of It

"Another week, another meal," I sighed in satisfaction, patting my full stomach while Wendy chuckles at me

"You can be such a pig sometimes," she smiled, paying her half of the bill.

"I know, but you have no other friends so I guess you'll just have to put up with me," I shrug as we walk outside of the Italian place we tried.

"Yeah, but you have a new friend," she winked at me as she walked away.

"See ya tomorrow, Jojo!" She called, leaving me to roll my eyes at her back.

I began to walk to the nearest subway station, only to stop at the guarded off entrance marked with "Under Construction".

"You've got to be shitting me," I groaned, beginning to walk to the next stop, which was a good 15 minute walk from where I was.

On the way there, I went over all the projects I had due in the next week, only to be interrupted by the sounds of a struggling woman. I looked to the alley on my left and saw a man grabbing a woman's belongings as she called out for help.

"Hey! Get off of her!" I jumped in, obviously not realizing he had a knife. Once the metal was flashed in my direction, I froze, my eyes widening in panic.

Why do you always get yourself in these situations, dumbass?

"Okay, okay, calm down. Just let the woman go and be done with this," I attempted to reason with the man, but he wasn't in the mood to talk.

He swung at me, but missed by a hair, only scratching the surface of my shoulder.

"Hey, hey!" I called, backing away further, watching behind the man as the woman ran away, hopefully to get some help.

"You're not the brightest girl, huh? Walking around alone at night, intervening with a man who has a knife," he chuckled darkly.

"And you're not the brightest guy, causing trouble in my neighbourhood," called a voice from above, and I barely had time to process anything before the man was on the ground, a blue and red figure on top of him. The knife he was once holding was a foot or two away from him, and I instantly grabbed it.

The figure brought the man to his feet, delivering a punch or two to disorient him, before shooting out webs to attach him to the wall of the alley.

It was then that I knew who the figure was.

"Are you alright.. ma'am?" The masked hero turned to me, and I almost laughed.

"This is a fucking joke," I chuckled, breathing heavily and dropping the knife to the ground. I pulled my hair away from my face and blinked a few times to assure myself that I wasn't dreaming.

"I-I'm sorry?" The vigilante asked. I had clearly caught him off guard, and for a second I thought he sounded familiar.

"This is insane. I can't- you just show- up here and I- holy shit," I breathed, suddenly thinking this whole 'Spider-Man' thing isn't so dumb.

"Look.. where do you live? I should take you home so that you're not walking home in the dark," Spider-Man scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. It was then that the sirens could be heard.

"Yeah.." I nodded, breathing in deeply, "you're right," I walked towards him.

"Okay.. well, you're going to h-have to.. uh, hold on. To me," he mumbled, seeming more awkward than ever before.

"Gotcha," I nodded, suddenly feeling slightly awkward too. I moved my hands around him, trying to find the least awkward place to hang on.

"Here," he said, wrapping my arms slowly around his neck as he placed one arm around my waist.

"Hold on tight," he said before I felt us fling into the air. I screamed, half from fright and half from joy. It was unlike any experience I've ever felt before.

We glided through the city that was all lit up, and I was surprised by how beautiful it was. Suddenly, he dropped us on the rooftop of my building.

His arm lingered on my side and I coughed to get his attention. He flinched away from me, apologizing after he let me go.

"So, I guess you have more things to do," I nodded out to the city below us.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I do," he nodded, turning out to where I was looking.

"Well, thanks. I don't usually like having people save my ass, but in that situation I actually didn't know if I'd make it out alive. But don't make a habit out of it," I joked a little, crossing my arms.

Spider-Man laughed and shook his head.

"That depends if you'll make a habit out of getting into dangerous situations," he retorted, getting ready to jump off the building.

"I can handle myself," I called out. He turned back to me.

"I'm sure you can," he nodded, hopping off the edge and swinging away. I smiled a little, having a new found respect for this hero.

I suddenly snapped back to reality and went to go through the door that lead inside, but I paused.

I never told him my address.

NYAAAAAAAAAA HELLO

I ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, OOH LA LA JO MET SPIDER-MAN AND SHE LIIIIIIIIIKES HIM WHOOP

PS I PUT UP A CAST LIST HOLLA OKIE BYEEEE