0.4

Four: He Has A Thing For You

"I cannot believe that I just spent 15 minutes listening to you rant about the spider-dude," I sighed, grabbing my books out of my car as Wendy jumped out of the passenger seat

"But he's so freaking cool! He shoots webs and catches bad guys and flings off of buildings!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

"I'm done talking about this. It's so weird," I mumbled, entering the building and pulling the strap of my bag up on my shoulder.

"Okay, but you gotta admit it's pretty cool," she teased, reaching her locker and snatching up her binders.

We parted ways as I entered my physics class.

***************

As I sat down at my usual table for lunch, I pondered once again the events that transpired about a week ago.

Why the hell did that Parker kid jump in and save me like that? He must have been all kinds of stupid to do that, especially for a girl he barely knew.

Wendy woke me from my thoughts as she walked up.

"Sup, bitch," I nodded to her. She sat down with a roll of her eyes.

"So crude, Josephine," she sighed.

"Stay shook," I threw a peace sign at her as she scoffed.

"Why do I put up with you?" I shrugged at her sarcastic question, tossing some fries in my mouth and shuddering at the dry consistency. I was enjoying my garbage on a plate when someone sat down directly beside me, causing me to tense up.

I slowly looked up, trailing from their hands to the material of their grey sweater, then up to their collar, finally seeing the face of none other than Peter Parker.

"Hey, Jo," he smiled brightly at me, unravelling his sandwich from the cling wrap with his name on it. I stared at him with wide eyes, shifting my gaze to Wendy who shared the same look as mine, although hers had a hint of a smirk.

"Uh.. don't you have other friends you'd rather sit with?" I asked, trying not to look so caught off guard.

"No.. well, I usually sit with Ned, but he's not here today, so I thought I'd sit with.. y-you," he suddenly blushed, probably realizing how lame that sounded.

"Okay.. I guess that's fine," I mumbled, feeling a kick from under the table as Wendy glared at me and made a pointed look at Peter.

"Oh, uh, Wendy, this is Peter. Peter, Wendy," I introduced them.

"I-I think we have a class.. uhm, together," Peter smiled shyly, waving a little at Wendy as he bit his sandwich.

"That's right. Calculus. So.. how did you two meet," Wendy teased, a sing-songish tone in her voice. I glared at her, silently wishing her sudden death.

"Uh, last week. We both got into a sort of.. sticky situation," Peter coughed, finishing his sandwich quickly.

"Ah, is that why you have a large bruise on your face, and she has a busted lip?" Wendy was now very curious, knowing that I never gave her a straight answer for my injury.

"No.. that was a different.. sticky situation," Peter chuckled nervously, peering up at me.

"I see.. " Wendy smiled devilishly at me.

The announcements of the school began on the TVs surrounding us, and all three of us glanced up in time for them to discuss the recent robberies that have occurred around the city.

"This string of robberies has been confirmed by police to be all done by the same culprit. No further robberies have occurred since last week, but all of them have happened on a Wednesday, so today they could strike again," the bored kid read off what was printed on his sheet.

Peter looked very alarmed and stood up quickly.

"Well, I-I should go.. study. It was n-nice, uh, sitting with you? Yeah, uhm, okay bye," Peter rushed off, waving at me quickly with an awkward smile before exiting the cafeteria.

Wendy began giggling across from me, and I kicked her under the table until she stopped.

"He so has a thing for you," she got out between chuckles. I glared at her for a few seconds before replying.

"And I so have a thing for kicking you,"

"Ow!"

DUN DUN DUN.. ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

OKAY SO LIKE I KINDA WANT TO CAST THIS BOOK BUT IDK I MIGHT TODAY OR TOMORROW OKIE LOVE U BYE