0.9

Nine: I Know You

The entirety of my day caught up to me, and I felt frustrated and tired and done with the world

What else is new?

I decided I needed to clear my head and spend some time away from humans, so I thanked my Mom for dinner and gave her a kiss before grabbing a hoodie and climbing the stairs to the roof of my apartment building.

Once up there, I sighed at the sight of the city I loved and hated all lit up and noisy. The sun had gone down, and the night life was in full swing.

I perched myself on the edge of the roof, thinking very lightly about how amazing life could be if I had wings and I could fly away from here.

At that exact thought, I heard the wind moving behind me and a slight thud. I spun around quickly to spot a familiar red and blue figure standing on my roof.

"Jesus, you scared me a little," I chuckled, slightly confused on why the hero was here.

"I'm not Jesus, I'm Spider-Man," as soon as he said it, he groaned and slapped a hand to his masked face.

"Oh my god, that was so lame," he moaned in embarrassment, and I almost heard a twinge of familiarity at his voice.

"It wasn't.. that bad," my mind racing with thoughts. If his voice sounded familiar, there's a high chance that I know who Spider-Man is.

"What is a girl like you doing on a roof at night?" The masked man asked, his voice sounding completely unfamiliar again.

Maybe he uses a disguised voice? He always sounds familiar when he's flustered..

Then a brilliant idea popped in my head.

"A girl like me? What's that supposed to mean?" I smirked, leaning towards where he decided to sit. I saw his mechanical eyes widen and I almost laughed.

"No! No, I mean, I didn't mean, I just.. shit, I'm sorry, I mean- what did I mean.. oh god-" his voice was now very familiar again, and I listened closely, but he stopped talking.

"Do you think I'm... special?" I whispered, leaning in even closer. I placed my hand on his arm, smiling up at him.

"Yes! Wait, I mean, uh y-yeah, yeah you're pretty, uh, special.. I- wait a minute," he looked down at my hand on his arm and jumped back.

"Hey! You're trying to figure out who I am!" He pointed at me, standing on the edge of the roof.

"Ha! So you know that I know you without the mask!" I stood up as well, poking a finger into his chest.

"Uh- no! No, I don't know you," he argued, crossing his arms.

"Bullshit. I must know you," I mumbled, staring deeply at him, as if my eyes could suddenly see under that mask. Spider-Man rubbed his neck awkwardly, an action that seemed familiar too.

"I-I have to go, I have a city to look after," he responded, and as I took a step to stop him, I lost my footing and tumbled sideways- towards the ground.

A scream left my lips as the feeling of falling engulfed me. I was cut short by a sticky web wrapping itself around me, and I was suddenly thrown back up in the direction I came, right into Spider-Man's chest. I gasped for air, gripping tightly onto his waist as I regained my strength. He hushed my ragged breaths, rubbing my back and holding me close.

I stepped away from him, looking up at the person that I thought I must know.

"This will kill me, y'know. I know you, I just can't place exactly who you are," I mumbled, shaking my head.

He chuckled a little, backing away once I was safe on the roof.

"But isn't a little mystery always more fun?" He shrugged, slinging a web out into the night and gliding away.

JO KNOWS OH SHIT SHE KNOWS THAT ITS SOMEONE SHES MET OOOOOO PARKER BETTER WATCH OUT OKIE BYEEE