1.9

Nineteen: Friendly-Neighbourhood Kinda Guy

I felt like I was on top of the world as I strolled into school, Peter Parker reaching for my hand like a whining toddler

I felt like I was on top of the world as I strolled into school, Peter Parker reaching for my hand like a whining toddler. I scoffed with a smile and gave him my hand, dragging him towards my locker where Wendy sat.

"Hello, lovers. How are you this fine morning?" Wendy chirped.

"Surprisingly.. really good," I smiled at Peter, causing him to blush. Wendy aw'ed at us before Ned came rushing over, mumbling something about it being too early to function.

"Good morning Ned," Peter greeted him, punching his shoulder lightly as he groaned.

"Of course it's a good morning when you have a pretty girl and a 4.0 grade average," Ned scoffed, taking a deep breath as we all four began walking down the halls.

"I just noticed.. Jo, you're quite the cougar. Snatching up a sophomore kid," Wendy winked at me as I scoffed.

"A year doesn't make me a cougar," I rolled my eyes as Peter stopped, causing me to stop due to our joined hands. He was looking at someone that I couldn't see.

"Uh.. we'll catch up with you guys later," Peter muttered quickly, yanking me down the hall.

"Ow! Parker, what's up with you?" I asked, getting ignored as we turned a few corners before ending up in the same empty dead-end that Peter and I first kissed in. There stood a man in a nice suit with a Bluetooth device in his ear.

"Parker.. you, uh, you brought a friend," the man nodded at me, causing me to raise my eyebrows.

"Don't worry, Happy. She knows," he held my hand a little tighter, and I squeezed back.

"Alright. I wanted to thank you for what you did. You saved my ass, and I don't think a lot of people could have done what you did. So, Tony wants to see you upstate. Let's go," he nodded.

"T-Tony? Like, Mr.Stark? U-Upstate?" Peter stuttered, and I was completely confused about the whole situation.

"Yeah, c'mon. I'm sure he won't mind you bringing your friend," Happy nodded at me, guiding us towards the exit.

"Are we really going to skip school to drive upstate and meet with Tony Stark? What the hell even is my life?" I whispered to Peter excitedly as he took a deep breath.

"Yeah.. I'm actually really nervous. He hasn't tried to contact me in a while. I really hope this is good," Peter nodded, placing his hand on my hip instead of in my hand. I gave him a reassuring nudge, smiling at him as a stretch limo came into view.

"Holy shit," I gasped, excitement filling my veins as we entered the vehicle, smiling at each other. It wasn't until we began to drive that the realization started to hit me.

Peter was going to become an avenger.

Tony had already used Spider-Man in the infamous battle of Germany, and now that he proved that he's more than just a suit, he's going to move him upstate to join the team.

My heart dropped at the new information I was processing, and I watched Peter smile in amazement of the passing view outside the window.

I was going to lose him. And that was okay.

I was being selfish, feeling sad that he was experiencing the opportunity of a lifetime. This was his shot to do exactly what he was meant to do, and I was dreading that. That wasn't fair to Peter. I needed to support him no matter what. That was my promise.

We arrived at a large compound, entering the main driveway as Happy parked the car.

"Alright, you coming?" Peter smiled at me, and I gave him a small smile, realizing this may be the end of us.

"No, I think I'll stay in here. I don't want to intrude. Good luck, Wonder-Boy," I smiled brighter as he gave me a weary look. I reached up and placed a sweet kiss on his lips.

"I love you," he whispered, and I returned the phrase, urging him out of the car to where Happy was impatiently waiting.

As they both disappeared from view, I let my eyes tear up, but never let one of them fall. I wouldn't cry about this, I would be happy that I got to be with Peter for as long as I did. I would be happy that he gets to pursue his dream, and I would be his biggest fan no matter what happens to us.

I spent about 10 minutes in that limo, worrying about what was going to happen before I scolded myself and tried to think of something else. To my surprise, Peter walked back to the limo by himself with a large smile on his face.

Here it comes.

He entered the car, sliding in next to me and latching his hand onto mine.

"Happy should be here in a minute to take us home," he smiled brightly, pecking my cheek.

"W-What?" I asked, confused about the whole situation once again.

"We're going home," he looked straight ahead, a dazed look in his eyes.

"You mean he didn't ask you to be an avenger?" I gasped. Then why else was he sent here?

"No, he did," Peter shrugged, look back at me with a sweet smile.

"I don't understand," I laughed nervously, not really getting where he was going with this. If he was offered the position, then why are we going home?

"I told him thanks, but no thanks. I have a much better option in Queens," he gave me a cheeky smile as my own face lit up. I couldn't stop myself from grabbing the collar of his shirt, connecting my own lips to his in a strong kiss. He chuckled against my lips, leaning in closer.

"You're an idiot, you know that? You just turned down Tony freaking Stark," I laughed as we pulled away.

"Eh, I think I'm more of a friendly-neighbourhood kinda guy anyways," he smirked, and I rolled my eyes.

"You're one of a kind, Peter Parker,"

"As are you, Josephine Wright,"

MY BABY BOY STAYED WITH MY BABY GIRL AWWEEEE SOOOO CUTE I CANT BELIEVE IM ABOUT TO FINISHED THIS STORY I NEVER FINISH LOL OOPS OKAY COMMENT AND VOTE THANKS BYEEEEE