1.3

Thirteen: Mother Knows Best

"Why on earth are you at my house?" I asked Ned, who sat in front of my door but jumped to his feet when I arrived

"Look, I just needed to ask you a question..." he looked around the hallway, as if checking if anyone could hear us. He leaned in close to me, looking very serious.

"Do you know?" He asked, a slight uncertainty in his eyes.

"Know what- oh," I sighed, realizing what he was talking about. I didn't exactly want to think about the boy who kissed me and ran.

"Yeah, I know. I found out a few days ago," I nodded, getting my key out to unlock my door.

"Okay, because I thought maybe Peter told you because he talks about you non-stop, but after a few days ago he's kinda gone silent. I'm sure he didn't mean for you to find out, did he?" He asked.

"No. It was an accident. Look, I gotta get inside, I have homework," I nodded to the boy who smiled sadly back.

"Okay.. don't worry. It will all work out," he said, reassuring me slightly before he disappeared.

I sighed in defeat, about to unlock my door when I realized it was unlocked, which was odd. My Mom works until the evening every weekday.

I slowly walked in, expecting a murderer to be present in my small apartment, only to see my Mother eating some chips and salsa while watching The 100.

"Mom?" I asked, shocked as to why she was home.

"Oh, hi honey! I got off early because I finished a huge case today, so I thought I'd come home and enjoy some time with my daughter," she smiled, patting the spot next to her. I sat down, turning to the tv.

"Damn. That Bellamy Blake is just something fine," my Mother mumbled, causing me to burst out laughing.

"That he is, Momma," I chuckled, sighing.

"What's up with you and that Parker boy? Ever since he brought you home that time you were sick, you seemed inseparable. But I haven't seen him in a while," she smiled slightly, poking my cheek.

"We.. well, it's complicated," I sighed, not knowing if I could talk to my Mom about this.

"Tell me more," she giggled, wiggling her eyebrows. I sighed with a smile at my goofy Mother.

"Well.. I think I started to like him, like a lot. He's just so sweet and kind, and I love being around him," I smiled a bit.

"I don't see the problem," my Mom smiled.

"It's just.. he has a lot of baggage. He has quite the dark past and does things that I don't necessarily know if I agree with. It's very complicated and I don't know if it's worth it all to get so attached to someone I could lose," I mumbled, munching on a chip.

"Josie, boys are always complicated. Does he like you in the same way?" She asked.

"I.. well, I told him how I felt, kind of by accident. And then we didn't talk cause I ran away, but then I started finding out all these secrets about him, and when he tried to confront me about it, he kissed me and ran.. so I'm not exactly sure," I chuckled dryly, realized how messed up the whole situation is.

"Well, that does sound complicated. But, if you really like him, and I mean really like him, then he's worth the fight. He seems like a real catch, darling. I think he makes you really happy, but it's all up to you whether or not you're willing to try," I stared at my Mother in shock, wondering how this woman got to be so smart.

"Thanks, Mom. You're the best," I smiled, hugging her tightly and watching the screen that held Bellamy Blake's face.

LOL I LOVE THE 100 AND PLUS JO'S MOM IS HELLA SMART LISTEN TO MRS WRIGHT PS ALLISON JANNEY PLAYS JO'S MOM WHOOP WHOOP VOTE AND COMMENT PLS BYE