1.1

Eleven: Not That Smart

The next day I was still pretty shaken up

The next day I was still pretty shaken up. I almost didn't go to school, but I decided to be smart, knowing that running away from my problems was going to be worse than facing them. So, off to the library I was heading, almost an entire hour early for school. I knew I needed to clear my head, but the sun was barely even up and I craved sleep.

Last night I talked to Wendy for hours, just freaking out about what I involuntarily admitted. She calmed me and told me that it's totally normal to have a crush. I wrote it off, deciding to let my feelings fester and boil.

Hey, I didn't say I was that smart.

I hopped off the subway, almost to the school when I saw some suspicious guys hanging around a store that wasn't open yet. I stopped, watching one guy reveal his fist covered in mechanics as he broke the window and got inside.

I gasped, knowing these must have been the guys peddling illegal weapons. I hid behind a nearby pole, pulling out my phone to dial the cops.

"Hello, what's your emergency?" The young man answered, and I began whispering my location and what was going on. I slowly creeped forward, trying to get a closer look at their faces so that I could describe them to the police.

The world seemed against me as I felt my ankle roll under my weight, causing me to collapse on the ground and draw the attention of the men outside the store.

"Hey!" One of them called, and suddenly I was being lifted into the air as I fought against them.

"Let me go!" I screamed, dropping my phone to the ground with the emergency operator calling out to me.

"Hey, we found this one snooping around outside. What should we do?" The man who had a hold of my arm asked as they neared the store. The man with the metal fist turned around and stared at me for a few seconds before scoffing.

"Get rid of her,"

I screamed as they dragged me to the side of the building, where they pulled out a strange looking glowing gun, making my eyes tear up. This was it.

"Please," my voice shook. I didn't want to die like this. I had so much left to do.

"Kill her," one of them told the other, and he aimed the weapon at my head as tears streamed down my face.

"Hey, didn't your Mom ever tell you it's not polite to aim a weapon at a pretty lady?" A voice broke my tears, causing me to look up, seeing Spider-Man swing in and knock the gun from the man's hand.

I felt slight relief spread through my body at the sight of the hero, but as he began to fight the two men, I suddenly doubted that he could do it on his own. I slowly stood, looking at the gun that was laying on the floor. I picked it up, walking up slowly to the man who was currently throwing punches at Spider-Man. I swung the weapon, smacking him right across the head and knocking him unconscious.

Spider-Man turned to me with wide eyes, before he was turning, webbing the second guy to the wall and knocking him unconscious as well.

"Thanks," I breathed heavily, but before he could reply, he was thrashed to the side by the man with the metal fist. His body hit the brick wall before dropping to the ground.

I screamed out, but the man started to approach me. The sound of sirens caused him to groan.

"This isn't done," he growled at me, spinning around and running through the alley. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, but was cut short when I noticed the masked hero groaning on the ground.

"Oh my god!" I gasped, running towards him and dropping to my knees. His back was facing me, and he was wrapped up in a ball.

"Spider-Man? Are you okay? Answer me please," I begged, shaking him lightly.

He unballed himself, turning so he was laying on his back in front of me, and his face was contorted in pain.

Wait.. his face?

I gasped as I noticed his mask was laying a foot away from us, and I slowly searched his face only to find that it was all too familiar.

"Pete?" My voice cracked.

HA CLIFFHANGER WOW I HATE MYSELF LOL GOOD LUCK ILY COMMENT AND VOTE BYEEEEEE