1.4

Fourteen: Go On, Wonder-Boy

After spending a day or two away from school on a much needed mental health break, I walked into Midtown high with two tasks at hand

As soon as I spotted Wendy's familiar mop of brown hair, I rushed to her, holding up her favourite chocolate bar in front of my face.

"Hi. I come in peace," I removed the chocolate from my face, giving Wendy the most sincere smile I could. She stared at me for a second in silence.

"Wendy, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that, I had no right and you definitely didn't deserve it. You were only concerned for me, and I see that now. I'm sorry," I apologized, hoping my best friend would take me back.

After a few seconds, she smiled.

"I can never say no to a Kit-Kat," she chuckled, pulling me in for a hug. I laughed at how easily persuaded my friend was with chocolate before I pulled away, knowing I had one more mission.

"I'll explain the stuff that's been going on with me later, I promise. But right now I need to find a nerd," I smiled lightly at Wendy, rushing through the halls in hopes of finding the boy before the bell rang.

Luck seemed to be on my side today (for once) as I saw Peter slam his locker shut and walk down the hall in front of me.

"Parker!" I called. He spun around, but quickly sped up his pace when he saw me.

"Oh hell no," I groaned, running up to him and grabbing his arm, pulling him into one of the study rooms that were set up around the school. I slammed the door, standing in front of it so he couldn't leave.

"Peter, I need to talk to you-"

"Jo, I get it. You can't be around me because there's a chance you'll lose me. I've got it. I understand-"

"No, you dipshit. I've been thinking a lot about what's happened the past week. My life has kind of flipped upside down, but I realized something. No matter how hectic and crazy it is.. I still want you in my life," I couldn't make eye contact with him, suddenly feeling very vulnerable.

"What?" He asked, his voice almost a whisper.

"I'm.. ugh, I'm falling for you, idiot! No matter who you are, with or without the mask! I just.. I just want to be around you 24/7 and talk to you and- and- and kiss you and- shit this is embarrassing.." I gasped, covering my face with my hands, wanting crawl into a hole for what I just said.

"Jo.. my lifestyle isn't easy. You have to understand that," he said slowly as I peeked out from behind my hands.

"I know that.. but I don't care. You're you, and that's all that matters to me. I want Peter Parker, because I care for you no matter what you do," I mumbled.

Before I knew what I was doing, I reached up, grabbing his neck and kissing him. He did not hesitate to kiss back, and we were only broken up by the sound of the bell. We both laughed, him blushing a lot more than I was.

"Hey, go on a date with me?" I asked with a sly smile as we left the room.

"Only if you'll go on one with me," he retorted, and I laughed at his idiocy.

"Are you always this much of an idiot? Or are you just showing off around me?" I joked, as we both laughed and turned to face two unexpected people.

Wendy and Ned stood side by side, their jaws hitting the floor as they stared at us.

"Holy-"

"Shit," Wendy finished.

Peter and I stared at them, not knowing what to say.

"We, uh.. we were just-"

"Making out!" Wendy screeched and I grabbed her arm, covering her mouth.

"Okay, off to class you go," I shoved my best friend and Ned a few feet down the hall, and they surprisingly listened to me. I turned back to Peter with a shy smile, not knowing what to do next.

"So.. about this whole.. masked vigilante thing.." Peter whispered, chuckling awkwardly.

"What about it?" I asked, suddenly a little worried as to what he would say. He stared at me for a few seconds before sighing.

"You know that guy on the news who's peddling all those weapons, with the wings? Well.. I kind of got a tip of where he'll be next, he's catching a Staten Island boat to smuggle more weapons. I just-"

"Peter," I sighed, knowing where he was going with this. He gave me a desperate face, and I sighed again.

"Go. You have to save your city, it's what you do," I smiled lightly. His face lit up as he grabbed onto me, pulling me close. He placed a kiss on my lips before blushing madly.

"Go on, Wonder-Boy. I'll be waiting for you when you get back," I smiled, watching the boy I was falling for run through the halls, disappearing from view.

"God, what have I gotten myself into?"

OOOOOOHHHHHH THEYRE AN ITEM OMF FINALLY TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH LMAO OKAY VOTE AND COMMENT, ILY BYEEEE