1.6

Sixteen: A Certified Couple And A Red Dress

"Soooo.... what are you and Peter wearing to homecoming?"

I spat my food out directly onto my tray, almost choking as I gasped for air.

"I-I'm sorry, what?" I gasped, turning to face Wendy as she gave me a strange look.

"Y'know.. homecoming? The dance.. it's, like, a few days away," Wendy pointed to a poster that had been plastered on the wall for weeks.

I had completely forgotten that this dance was even a thing, considering how eventful my last four weeks have been.

"Shit.. I forgot," I smiled sheepishly, going back to eating the food that I didn't regurgitate.

"Well, you and Peter are going, right? I mean, you guys are like, a certified couple now," she smiled, chugging back her pop as I looked across the cafeteria, spotting girls chattering excitedly beside the posters I ignored.

"I mean.. we haven't really discussed it. Homecoming isn't really our thing, y'know?" I sighed. Wendy suddenly grabbed onto my arm, causing me to flinch in pain.

"Ow-"

"There is no way in hell that you are not going to this dance now that you have an actual date. You're going. That's final," she shook her head at me.

"I don't even know if Peter wants to go, Wen-"

"Go to what?" Suddenly Peter was by my side, Ned following close behind as they sat beside us.

"Homecoming. You. Jo. Dancing. Dressing up. Fun." Wendy pointed at the boy, and he smiled.

"Sounds like fun," he flashed me a grin, and I groaned, causing him to frown.

"Ha! Now you have to go," Wendy smiled, nudging me.

"But I don't even have a dress," I mumbled.

"Oh my GOD! Neither do I! Okay, this is an emergency," Wendy pulled out her phone, dialling a number.

"Hello? Mrs. Wright? We have a problem," she moved away from the table as my eyes widened. A minute later, Wendy turned back with a smile.

"You're Mom is off work early and will pick us up at your place for a little hoco shopping," Wendy squealed. I turned to both the boys beside me, pleading with them.

"Ha, sucks to be you guys," Ned laughed, pointing to me and Peter. Suddenly, Wendy dropped down beside Ned.

"What are you talking about? You're my date," she giggled evilly, causing Ned's eyes to widen.

"Help me,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, blue or red? I kinda like both," Wendy pondered, holding up both of the dresses she was considering.

"Just try them both, honey," my Mom giggled, clearly having too much fun with this.

I was shoved into the change room time after time, getting shakes of disapproval from both my companions.

"Guys, I seriously hate this. I can't even- wait a minute," I stared at myself in the mirror, looking at the dress I had just zipped up.

"What? What's going on?" My mom asked from the other side of the curtain.

"Guys.. I.. I think I found the one," I smiled, actually liking how I looked in a dress. I was in awe.

"Well, come out and show us, idiot!" Wendy screeched. I slowly walked out to have my mother and best friend stare at me with wide eyes.

"Oh, fuck yes,"

"Mom!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, okay! Enough makeup, my face hurts," I groaned as my Mom was prepping my face up.

"I think we're ready to go!" Wendy smiled, and I took a look at my best friend. She looked stunning, and I couldn't believe how well both of us cleaned up.

There was a doorbell, and my Mother shrieked out of joy.

"Dates are here!"

Wendy and I made our way down the hall much slower than my Mother had, and we heard the boys talking to her. I stopped before we turned the corner, grabbing onto Wendy's arm.

"Shit, Wen. What if he doesn't like it? This is Parker's first time seeing me in a dress! What if he thinks it's weird or too girly, or he doesn't like me anymore! Holy-"

"Shut the hell up," Wendy cut me off. I stared at her in shock, not knowing what to say.

"Peter Parker has the largest crush on you I have ever seen. For real, the kid talks about you non-stop, and he would literally do anything for you. You look gorgeous, Josie. Peter is going to be blown away the second you walk around that corner, because you're beautiful and he already knows that. Now, stop being a wuss and walk around the damn corner," I gave Wendy a shaky smile, taking a deep breath and turning the corner with her.

"Yeah, I think it's an interesting debate, but I- woah," Peter cut himself off as he saw me, a smile taking over his features as it did to mine.

"Wow. Jo, you look.. wow," he stuttered out, and my Mom gave me a big smile and a thumbs up.

"Thanks, Pete. You don't look so bad yourself," I felt my shy demeanour fade away as I linked arms with him.

"Wait, photos! C'mon, just a few," my Mom begged, getting Ned and Peter to pose with Wendy and I.

"Okay, that's enough, time to get our freak on," Ned cheered, flashing us a weird dance move.

"Alright, buddy.. lets go," Peter smiled at me, leading me to the door where surprisingly, Aunt May was standing.

"I'm your chauffeur for the evening- you both look gorgeous," May whispered to us, and we thanked her, getting ready to leave.

"LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!"

"Ned.. no,"

NED IS ME OMG JO'S DRESS IS UP ABOVE, THIS IS SO CUTE YAY OKAY VOTE AND COMMENT PLS THANKS