Elsa

Elsa was not happy.

Well, Anna thought she was but Anna was oblivious to Elsa's mood at the moment. Arrendelle was saved, Anna was unfrozen, Hans had been shipped off, everyone was happy, blah, blah, blah.

Problem was, Elsa knew most people weren't happy she was queen. They were still scared of her. After seeing her 'purposely' attacking the Duke of WeaselTown - Ahem, Weselton -, people didn't exactly trust her. Sure, she was accepted more warmly by Kristoff, Anna and Olaf but every time she tried to talk to someone new they would flinch or recoil.

Elsa rubbed her eyes and crawled out of bed, yawning. Anna was the lazy bud when it came to getting up in the morning, not Elsa. Elsa quickly refreshed herself, brushed her colorless hair and frosted herself with a floor-length, ice blue dress. Normal gowns were too hot and Elsa couldn't move around freely in them. That's all she had longed for, before she was accepted, freedom.

She descended down the staircase, careful not to trip over (It had happened before...major Anna-move) and made her way to the dining hall. Anna and Kristoff were already laughing and feeding each other biscuits and Elsa couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness.

Will anyone look at her the Kristoff and Anna look at each other?

Probably not, maybe because they might be afraid of her freezing them. Everyone loves and warm embrace. Summer over Winter.

No one likes hugging an ice cube.

"Good morning, Anna." Elsa greeted, sitting down at the head of the table. The room was huge and it made Elsa feel small. She still missed her beautiful ice castle. It was still in the North Mountain somewhere...

Interrupting Elsa's thoughts, Anna greeted cheerfully, ignoring the formal rules of the castle, "Hiya, Els!"

Elsa smiled. She wasn't much of a people person or even a talker like her sister was. Total opposites. Ignoring that depressing thought, she looked down at her tea and carrot and-

Wait, tea and a carrot..?

"Sowy," Olaf's voice sounded like his nose was blocked...except he didn't have his nose on.

"Oh, Olaf," Elsa chuckled, tossing the carrot to the snowman and continuing her porridge.

After breakfast, Elsa went to her study. Being queen, she had many duties to do. Staff schedules, organizing trading, which ships to sail off, problems in Arrendelle that the residents were complaining about...

Elsa noticed that the list of complainers were always from the same people. The people who didn't approve of her being queen...which were a lot judging by the three feet and 2 inches of crumpled parchment she had on her desk.

Finally, by late afternoon, Elsa had given up. Even after having her favorite chocolate (In other words, all kinds), her head was swimming in a frenzy. She couldn't concentrate and had only managed to sort out 4 complaints in the last 8 hours.

Needing a breather, Elsa headed to the garden for a stroll. It was summer in Arrendelle and the sun was shining gloriously. Not her type of weather. She sat down on the cement bench, engraved with plants and birds, and lost herself in thought. She had to do it. She knew Anna wouldn't approve. She'd probably want to come too but Elsa wanted to be alone for a while. As Elsa pondered over her plan, Anna strolled up in front of her.

"Morning, Els!" 

Elsa looked up, smiled and tried to hide the guilt in her eyes. "It's afternoon, Anna"

"Oh," Anna blinked and then smiled cheerfully, "Well, it don't matter. I'm only a morning person on December 25th, anyway!"

"Yes." Elsa merely nodded, staring at the sky with a haze of distraction in her eyes.

She wanted to think. She wanted Anna to go away. Her sister was very joyful to have around but Elsa knew that her emotions would show. If Anna stayed and talked about something happily, Elsa would probably make snow explode from her with guilt.

"Listen, Anna, I'm pretty tired, so I'm going to bed for a nap," Elsa said quickly, standing up and offering a small smile, "You know what they say, the five minutes of extra sleep always matters."

 Anna laughed but then stopped moving. She looked at Elsa with wide eyes, confusion etching her face.

"Elsa, what's wrong?" She asked, her smile sliding off her face.

"Nothing," Elsa turned away. She hated being the wet-blanket. Anna was sad and worried about her now. It was usually hard to make Anna upset, like trying to catch the soap while bathing.

"Elsa-" Anna tried, grabbing at Elsa's arm, which reminded her of the night when Anna had yanked Elsa's glove, the night when she lost her temper and erupted ice spikes which would've killed Anna if she hadn't stepped back.

"It's nothing, Anna, just drop it!" Elsa snapped. She didn't mean to sound too harsh. Anna looked hurt. Elsa couldn't bear look at her sisters saddened expression so she turned her heel and ran to her room, barking her servants to move in an un-queen like way.

Elsa didn't like being cooped up, so she was going to get at least a night of freedom.

.

.

.

Elsa had crept out of the castle without a sound. She had made her way through the village without a sound. But, here, on the mountain, she was singing and dancing and letting her magic out all she wanted.

Elsa loosened her bun into a french braid, since the bun had kept her hair out of her face. She hadn't been to her ice castle since Hans had kidnapped her. And, thanks to a touch of magic, her castle hadn't melted.

Elsa lay down on her snowy, velvet bed, enjoying the breeze coming from the balcony. She was feeling free, calm and collected, her worries fading away for the time being.

"Elsa."

Elsa shot up and looked around the room, her heart pounding. She couldn't see anyone. Her throat tightened and there was a sudden anxiety clench in her stomach.

"W-who's there?" Her voice came out weak and shaky. She was feeling a bit paranoid, making a spiky icicle appear in her hand. She had a sudden thought of Hans coming back for revenge, forcing her to become his queen and torturing Anna in front of her eyes..

No, Elsa thought firmly, Hans is back in his own kingdom, not here.

Then she saw it. A light. Hanging just outside the balcony. She slowly stepped towards it, unsure. It was a strange light. Not big, not small. The size of the cake she ate yesterday which Anna had declared 'too small!'. It didn't have any firewood hanging in midair or anything. It was just...floating there.

"Elsa." The light whispered again. Elsa thought it was speaking. The voice seemed to be coming from everywhere, surrounding her and echoing off all the walls.

Maybe it's a star...

But what kind of star talks? Sure, sometimes Anna had declared the sky awake but Elsa had never thought of it as literally floating-and-whispering-Elsa-names awake.

It did look like a twinkling star in the night...except slightly bigger and up close. As she got closer, Elsa noticed two things: It was getting warmer. Unnaturally warm. Also, it wasn't a star... It was tiny moon! It was glowing so much it looked like a star. 

"Y-yes?'' Elsa answered uncertainly. Was the moon talking to her? Well, probably, since it kept saying her name. Elsa's name was unique, unlike Anna's. And there was her ice castle after all. No other Elsa lived in it. The glowing was getting bigger and the temperature warmer. 

The glowing brightened and grew so intensely that Elsa had to shield her arm over her eyes. She could feel the light envelope around her, a sudden warmth, fuzzy feeling brushing over her skin. She couldn't feel the solid floor she was standing on anymore. With her eyes closed in the harsh bright light, she floated around, flailing her arms desperately.

Wait, she was floating?!

Before she could process her thoughts, she was sucked into a deep and painful hole...