Anna's Call

"Okay guys, split up and go to every sleeping child. You see a nightmare, kill it" Jack instructed.

All the others nodded. They had arrived through the borrowed snow globe that Jack had taken from North. Jack had chosen an area really close to Jamie's house. Jack needed to see if Jamie was OK.

But Elsa wasn't so sure. Hiccup had Toothless to fly on, Merida was good at climbing things, Rapunzel could use her hair and Jack could just fly with his staff, what should she do?

"Uh...I should I get through the windows?'' She asked the others, staring at the strange buildings.

The weird metal poles that profuse light and the strange metal vehicles and almost everything if else were new to Elsa, Hiccup, Rapunzel and Merida.

Jack chuckled. "Can't you make a ice staircase, Snowflake?"

Elsa made a face. "Snowflake?"

Jack quickly hid his blush. "Just a nickname. Better than calling you an evil Ice Queen"

"I guess" Elsa shrugged, not noticing Jack hitting Hiccup on the head for snickering at him.

"Ooh la la" Rapunzel quietly said, giggling and giving a wink at Merida.

...

Jack, after bashing a couple dozen nightmares, went to check on Jamie. 

Opening Jamie's window and climbing into his room, Jack noticed how much had changed over the past few moths. Jamie's room was still a mess but the drawings on his walls were better and more neat. Jamie's himself was changing, his growing tooth now visible and his face a little less childish.

"Something wrong?" 

Jack jumped and spun around, holding his staff ready. He didn't see a nightmare in Jamie's room and he won't let a nightmare anywhere near him.

But it was just Elsa.

Her platinum hair shone in the moonlight and the ice stairs that she had made melted behind her.

"Sorry!" Elsa held her hands up in defense, "Didn't mean to startle you"

"No, it's OK" Jack breathed, setting his staff down. He actually wished it was a nightmare. Elsa made him nervous. He didn't know why.

"Are you OK?" Elsa asked. Jack looked back at Jamie. Elsa seemed to understand because she then said:

"You worried about him?"

"Yeah," Jack said, "He's getting bigger and soon he'll grow up"

"What do you mean?" Elsa sat down on Jamie's bed, studying him. Even if he was the guardian of winter, he could still feel the coldness coming from her.

"I'm a guardian," Jack sighed, "I don't age. I mean, I'm just there...I'm only seen when I'm believed in. Pretty soon, he's gonna grow up and not believe in me anymore''

Elsa still didn't look convinced. "Who said he won't believe in you anymore?"

"I..." Jack didn't know how to answer. He stayed silent.

"I have a sister," Elsa said, sadly gazing out of the window, "Once, I ran away. She came after me. Even though I chased her out. She still tried. Even though people thought I'm a monster. She still believed in me"

Elsa frowned, thinking about her last encounter with Anna. Before she came here, she had snapped at Anna and shut her out. She didn't Anna she was going to the North mountain. But what if she had? Would Anna be here?

Jack noticed Elsa's frown. He didn't like it. Elsa must be feeling bad. "You not a monster," Jack insisted, "It's a gift not a curse"

Elsa nodded, "I know, Jack, but some people just..."