Hiccup

--I wrote is before HTTYD 2 came, so Hiccups still his younger form--

Ya know....Hiccup actually thought it was going to be a normal day. Him, in his house, waking up, bored just planning to have fun with Astrid and the others.

But no, fate decided against his fun time.

"Hey, Dad, I'm gonna have fly with Toothless!" Hiccup called out to his Dad.

"You sure?" Hiccups Dad asked uncertainly. Even though he was proud of his son for defeating a huge dragon, Chieftain Stoick the Vast worried more often about his son since he almost lost Hiccup if Toothless hadn't saved him.

"Aye, let the lad go." Gobber said, thumping in with his wooden leg and patting Hiccup on the back. Hiccup, overcome by the strength in Gobber's hand from the pat, fell to his knees. 

"Ouch." He winced.

"Aye, sorry." Gobber twirled his blond, braided moustache and laughed.

But a demonstration of Hiccups lack of strength worried his father more.

"Alright, but I want ya back before sunset." Hiccups dad reluctantly said, as Gobber pulled Hiccup up with his hooked hand..

"Great! So, uh....yeah....I'm gonna go now!" Hiccup said awkwardly. He bolted out of the door before his father could change his mind.

The sun was shining and most of Berk - dragons and vikings - were outside. Astrid was washing her dragon, her messy braided hair covering her face. As Hiccup slowly made his way towards her, he admired the way she strongly pushed and forced the rough cloth over her dragons blue, cracked scales until they gleamed in the sunlight.

 "Where do you think your going, Hiccup?" Astrid demanded, brushing her blond hair out of her face.

Hiccup almost drooled. He was so lucky to have Astrid as his girlfriend....even if he sometimes felt like the girl instead.

"Uh...you know...Toothless wants to take a spin...stretch his wings," Hiccup shrugged, trying to act cool. He slowly made his way to Toothless, his metal leg squeaking slightly. He still hadn't gotten used to it.

Astrid raised her eyebrow at him, turned and put her hands on her hips, obviously sensing the small fib. Hiccup felt like she could read his mind...which was sort of creepy but her electric blue eyes were sure confident.

"Oh, and yeah, also because I'm bored..." Hiccup admitted, mounting Toothless. Toothless, who was playing with the chickens whacked one of his ears playfully at Hiccup. Hiccup laughed and fed Toothless some fish from his saddle bag.

"You'd better be back for that race you promised." Astrid said in a threatening tone. She didn't really hate Hiccup or anything, it's just that she was rough.

And pretty, Hiccup thought, as he leaned over and kissed goodbye to Astrid.  Toothless, not wanting to experience more of Hiccups and Astrid's affectionate mushiness, took off quickly and they soared though the air. 

Hiccup loved feeling the air of freedom. The way he was bullied and underestimated from his old life - he always wanted to be out as if to enjoy the moment before someone snatches it away.

"Hey, Toothless!" Hiccup called over the noise of the wind, "I'm feeling a bit reckless, let's speed it up, buddy!"

Toothless let out a small, blue-purple fireball in a agreement and immediately sped up. 

"Woo hoo!" Hiccup whooped. Toothless seemed to smile in agreement (which was weird, since he wasn't showing his teeth at the moment)

After about and hour of flying, Hiccup heard Toothless's stomach rumble beneath him. The dragon was always hungry and Hiccup didn't feel like being on the menu even if he was a friend.

"How about a picnic?" Hiccup called. Toothless gave a dragon-shriek in agreement. They slowed down and landed in a clearing in the woods.

"Okay...huge raw fish that you always like sharing with me..." Hiccup dumped the bag on the floor.

Giving Toothless the huge bag of raw fish and pulling out his own lunch (Roasted chicken...slightly burned, thanks to Toothless), Hiccup relaxed and watched Toothless as he ate. He couldn't help but feel pretty protective of Toothless...even if he was a dragon. Toothless always seemed to give him 'the innocent eyes' whenever Hiccup was around. But when Toothless was angry, it was a whole new story.

"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III."

Hiccup gave a yelp and quickly ran to Toothless's side, abandoning his lunch.

What the..?

No one ever called him by his full name. It was sort of a mouth full. Hiccup looked around the clearing but no one was there, except him and Toothless. He set his gaze sternly on his dragon, wondering what in the name of Berk was going on.

"Did you just talk?" He asked stupidly. Toothless gave him the innocent eyes and seemed to be a bit confused himself.

"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III." The voice whispered again. It seemed to come from everywhere so Hiccup and Toothless didn't know where to look.

"Leave us." Hiccup threatened in a shaky voice. Clearing his throat and trying not to sound as scared as he was, he continued, "Leave us...or I'll....I'll..."

The threat died in his throat but Toothless nudged Hiccup in the back, urging him to continue. the dragon seemed to be thinking:

How did I end up liking this wimp?

As much as Hiccup would love to jump on Toothless and fly away, his stubborn viking instincts were refusing cowardliness...or that how he'd like to think of it. Truth is, he was too terrified to move. With his body shaking, Hiccup called out again.

"Leave or I'll...uh...let my fury...dragon finish you..." He ended lamely. Toothless seemed to be rolling his eyes but Hiccup ignored him, his jaw set.

"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III."

Hiccup was feeling a bit uneasy. Toothless growled.

"Uh...yeah? You kinda...said that...before..." Hiccup was ending awkwardly. He did not feel like Astrid or his Father, who would just run fearlessly and lash whoever was trying to get attention.

But the moment he answered 'yeah?', a strange light appeared a few feet from him.

It can't be a dragon fireball or something, Hiccup thought, it isn't moving.

Toothless growled. The light was small but it gave both Hiccup and Toothless an uneasy feeling.

"Toothless, let's g-" Hiccup stopped.

The light was alluring. He felt his body stop. He couldn't move, his hand rested on Toothless's side for aid. Toothless seemed to be frozen, too.

The light was growing. The temperature was rising. Hiccup felt beads of sweat on his forehead. The light grew bigger and bigger, circling him. The clearing and the forest disappeared. He was trying to fight for consciousness. He couldn't see Toothless but he felt hims dragons presence. 

Finally, he lost his thoughts and closed his eyes as the light swallowed him.