Rapunzel

I'm just sooo excited!

Well, actually there was no reason for Rapunzel to be so excited but who didn't love a happy-go-lucky person?! She quickly hopped out of bed, refreshed herself, got dressed then set down in front of the mirror.

Is this seriously me? Rapunzel thought, remembering the years of her imprisonment.

Rapunzel's brown hair was cropped really short (She had asked Eugene why hadn't he cut it a little lower down her back instead of making her looking like a boy and then Eugene gave her a weird look and said: "I was dying, Rapunzel, I wasn't worrying about the length of your hair"). Rapunzel's big green eyes were really wide, especially since she was so excited.

"Rapunzel!"  Rapunzel's mother knocked on my door.

"Ye-es!" Rapunzel sang back, quickly brushing her hair and placing a tiara in her head (It took about two seconds which was really weird for her since used to take an hour when her hair was blond). 

"May I come in?" Rapunzel's real mother asked.

So weird. When Rapunzel lived with her old mother (Haha, old, get it?) in the tower, Mother Gothel used to just barge into Rapunzel's room to make sure Rapunzel wasn't hiding anything.

"Yes, M-mother" Rapunzel forced out the word mother. she was still trying to get used to this.

Her new mother entered Rapunzel's room and smiled at her. Rapunzel noticed that she really looked allot like her mother which made her really happy since she was always confused why she didn't look her old mother.

"How are you feeling?" The queen asked, smiling kindly. Rapunzel smiled, too, happy that her mother had asked even though Rapunzel's face obviously told the answer. 

"I feel GREAT!" Rapunzel exclaimed jumping up and laughing. Her mother laughed too.

"Well, you obviously get you energy from you mother" The king had entered the room. Dressed formally, like always, he could not hide the pride in his eyes.

"Breakfast time!" Rapunzel's mother exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

As they exited for the dinging hall, Rapunzel felt something land on her shoulder. She smiled at Pascal who turned the same shade as purple as her dress, his scales tickling the side of Rapunzel's neck.

As they entered the dining room, Rapunzel kissed Eugene good morning. His smiled his cunning smile and Rapunzel shoved him playfully, ruffling his hair and laughing.

They sat down for some porridge and the king and queen immediately started to talk about the castle problems with Rapunzel. Meetings...papers...more meetings...Rapunzel wasn't listening to their conversation. 

Her mind drifted off to the one thing she had always been thinking of for the past few days, since she had been saved by Eugene.

When was Eugene going to propose to her?

She was so lost in thought, she hadn't notice Eugene steal most of her porridge.

"Hey!" She cried out, noticing her empty bowl. She looked at Eugene accusingly as he hid his spoon behind his back.

"What?" Eugene asked innocently, giving the puppy dog eyes.

But Rapunzel just laughed and stole his porridge instead and they carried on their day normally. 

She didn't know what was going to happen...

...

"NO, NO! STOP IT!" Rapunzel squealed as Eugene tickled her.

They were in the garden, enjoying the sunshine and teasing each other. Rapunzel felt like a child again. Actually, she was locked up so she never really experienced a real childhood.

"I'm going to get some juice," Eugene stood and helped Rapunzel sit up, "Want some?"

Rapunzel nodded happily and Eugene strolled away. She was very happy. She lover he new life. She loved learning new things...the things she skipped out on. Enjoying the summer slight, breeze and sunshine, she closed her eyes, her short hair tickling her ears. She couldn't tie it back now. Even Pascal, who was dozing on her shoulder, seemed to miss her long hair.He used to curl up with a strand of her golden hair, since it was so soft, and sometimes play with it. 

Rapunzel sighed and stroked Pascal, who was dozing on her shoulder. She sorta missed her long hair, too. She used to climb high places or swing around, enjoying the wind. The worst thing she hadn't gotten used to were the shoes. She never really worn before she came back home but it made her feel a but closed in somehow.

She looked around. No one was here to stare at her in a weird way (except Pascal but he was fast asleep) and Eugene would be back soon. He would understand how uncomfortable her shoes were if she took them off.

She quickly kicked off her shoes and stood up, enjoying the freedom feeling that the grass made on her aching feet. She twirled around, smiling and letting herself get dizzy in happiness. She laughed like a little girl. She sometimes wondered herself why she was so childish.

The green trees, the flowers, the birds, the strange light...

Wait, what?

Rapunzel immediately stopped spinning around and her eyes went wide in shock. A light was floating in mid air, right in front of her face.

Definitely not a lantern, Rapunzel thought.

She backed away quickly, cautious. She realized that light wasn't doing anything. She knew what she was going to do was stupid.

"Uh...Hello?" Rapunzel said slowly. She knew she should back away and call someone for help but her curiosity got better of her. The light was throbbing. Was it her or was it growing bigger?

"I'm Princess Rapunzel and..." Her voice faltered. She felt stupid. How can a light talk back?

The light was growing even more. Rapunzel backed away a little further. She had a bad feeling about this...

"Rapunzel?" 

Eugene was suddenly a few feet behind her. His eyes were wide, his mouth open and the two juice cups he was holding, dropped from his hands.

"Eugene!" Rapunzel cried out.

The light was blinding her. Suddenly she couldn't move. She felt something on her back. She tried to turn to see what it was but she only saw the white light and a flash of gold.

Eugene was trying to reach her but the garden and him was starting to disappear. Or was she disappearing?  

She eventually stopped trying to struggle. She felt exhausted as if the light was draining her energy. Her head felt heavy.

She closed her eyes against the harsh light and dropped to sleep...