The first scan

*Brad's P.O.V*

Today was the day that me and Alice had to go to the hospital for the first scan. Alice was clearly nervous because she was pacing round the living room trying to pass time constantly checking her phone.

"Alice calm down, I'm sure the baby is fine" I reassured.

She looked up at me with a worried look on her face "but what if it isn't Brad? I've been having these stomach pains for a few days and I'm scared". She exclaimed as tears started to spill from her eyes.

I just wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her into a tight hug and placed light kisses up and down her neck.

Eventually the next half an hour went by and we left our shared house and headed to the hospital where we waited for an hour for the nurse to call us.

****

"Well Alice it looks like the baby is healthy and doing fine" the nurse assured as she scanned Alice's stomach.

"So the baby is ok?" I quizzed.

"Yes it's absolutely fine" the nurse reassured.

A feeling of relief came over me as soon as she said that.

"But why am I getting these really bad stomach pains then?" Alice questioned.

"Do you exercise?" She asked.

Alice nodded "yes I'm a competitive swimmer" she responded.

"Well I suggest you give up the swimming for now because you could hurt the baby by exercising or stressing too much". She recommended.

"Ok, I'll give up swimming" Alice agreed, but I could tell she didn't want to.

The nurse gave her a friendly smile "good and I know you probably don't want to but it's best for the baby" she said.

We left soon after and went back home, Alice was in a bad mood and stayed in our bedroom for the rest of the afternoon. I tried to talk to her but she just ignored me.

"Alice please tell me what's wrong" I pleaded.

She looked at me tears making their way down her cheeks "it's just that I don't want to give up the things I love, I've been competing in swimming since I was three and I don't want to give it up now". She cried into the pillow.

I laid down next to her and scooped her into a hug placing a light kiss on her cheek. She turned round and smiled at me as her crystal blue eyes sparkled in the light.

"But it's for the baby's well being and I don't want to lose this baby. I know I was a complete asshole at the start but now I'd do anything to keep it because I love this baby and I love you". I exclaimed hugging her tighter.

We spent the rest of the evening led on the bed passing time in each others arms.

"Brad?" Alice asked after a while.

"Yes" I answered.

"What do you want to call the baby?" She questioned.

I thought for a minute before answering.

"Well I like the name Luke for a boy and Isabelle for a girl" I responded.

"I love those names" she commented with a smile.

We decided to have a night in instead of going out with everyone else. So I got my collection of scary movies as I love them and we picked insidious.

****

"Brad I'm scared" Alice whined as she snuggled into my side covering her eyes.

"It's ok I'm here" I responded.

I put my arm round her protectively, she soon fell asleep in my arms so I turned the TV off and fell asleep by her side.

*Tristan's P.O.V*

"Tris wake up" Kaitlyn called as I stirred awake.

"Kaitlyn, why are you up at this time?" I quizzed looking at the time to see it was half past nine.

"Because the first scan is today at ten o'clock" she exclaimed as she checked her outfit over in the full length mirror that was hung up on my bedroom door.

I shot out of bed and ran into my en suite to fix my hair and freshen up, I quickly put on the clothes I had on yesterday, grabbed Kaitlyn's hand and we made our way to the hospital.

****

"Kaitlyn Ross please make your way to the nurses room" the doctor called out.

We got up from our seats and made our way to the nurses room. When we walked into the room the nurse was setting up the scanning machine.

"Hello Kaitlyn please take a seat I'm just setting up the equipment" she said with a smile.

We took a seat and watched the nurse try and set up the scanning machine. In the end she couldn't do it so she had to call a doctor in which I thought was quite funny.

"So Kaitlyn would you please lay on this bed for me and lift up your top just so I can check your stomach" she instructed. Kaitlyn did as she was told and lifted up her top revealing her flat stomach.

Kaitlyn winced as the nurse put the clear jelly on her stomach, she put the scanner on Kaitlyn and started moving it about.

"Can I see?" Kaitlyn questioned, so the nurse moved the monitor for her to see.

"It looks like an alien" she joked which made me chuckle slightly.

"It looks like you" I commented.

Kaitlyn slapped me playfully on the arm as I just laughed.

The nurse gave us a strange look "yes well you are only a month pregnant so it won't look like a normal human yet". The nurse explained.

"It looks like the baby is growing properly and it's healthy" she assured. "How are you feeling Kaitlyn, is everything ok?" She added.

"Yeah everything is going ok and I'm fine" she exclaimed as she looked over at me.

"Well I'll book you in for another appointment next month just to see if the baby is ok" the nurse said as she wrote it down in her book.

"Ok thank you" Kaitlyn replied.

"I'll see you next month then" the nurse responded as we walked out the room.

When we got home we just relaxed on the sofa just chatting about random things.

"Tris what would happen if a zombie apocalypse broke out?" She randomly asked.

"Well of course I would be your knight in shining armour and save you, then I would hide all the cherryaid from them". I replied as I puffed my chest out trying to look heroic, which caused Kaitlyn to laugh.

We had random conversations until the early hours of the morning but we eventually went to to bed.

Authors note:

My twitter: LawsonDanni_TV

Chelsea's twitter: Chelseaa_125

Sorry if this chapter is a bit boring but we wanted to include the pregnancies a bit more. Please vote and comment as it means a lot, also if you have any ideas for baby names comment below and we'll pick the best ones. As for the cherryaid bit it's an inside joke between me and my best friend so sorry if you don't understand it we just wanted to include it. Thanks for reading. :)

Chelsea and Danielle xx