Coming back home

*Brad's P.O.V*

I woke up the next morning in the same position as I'd fallen asleep in, my arms still wrapped around Alice as her head fitted in the crook of my neck and soft snores escaped her mouth. I ran my fingers through her gorgeous soft curly naturally blonde hair as I hummed 'Mr. Brightside' by 'The Killers' to myself until I heard a knock at the door. I looked up to see Connor, James and Tristan so I carefully slipped out of the bed not waking Alice up and silently crept towards the door to quietly let them in.

"Brad you're alive" Tristan joked walking into the hospital room with the others.

"Shh Alice is sleeping" I hushed before looking over at her making sure the boys didn't wake her up.

"How is she doing?" James questioned whilst walking over to the chair nearest to the window.

"Not well James she's constantly crying, I try my best to cheer her up by singing her favourite songs and doing silly little things to make her laugh. But it's not working seeing her this upset is killing me and knowing that I can't do anything to make it better makes it worse. I just want to break down and not have anything to do with anyone but I'm being strong for her" I confessed as tears started to cloud my vision.

"Brad it's ok you're allowed to be upset, this is hard for anyone to go through" Connor spoke.

"But as much as it hurts right now I have to be strong for Alice, I don't-"

"Brad" I was cut off by a voice behind me. I turned round to look at a tired, worn out Alice. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist bringing her into my embrace.

"Brad it's ok to be upset over this" she whispered into my ear before she looked into my tired eyes and leaned in for a quick kiss on the lips.

"I know Alice but I'm being strong for you" I responded trying my hardest to not break down there and then.

"I know" she whispered giving me a weak smile but it upset me how fragile she looked her skin looked sickly pale and the sparkle that usually lit up her crystal blue eyes wasn't there.

"Hi Alice" Con, James and Tris then spoke in unison which caused a huge smile to break out onto her face. She then opened up her arms as James walked over to her and pulled her into a tight hug and placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

Just then the hospital door flew open to reveal the nurse who looked quite happy.

"Good news Alice you can go home today so if you just want to get ready and we'll let you go" she spoke with a smile.

"Ok thank you" Alice replied before the nurse left she then picked up the overnight bag that I'd packed and bought in for her and started rummaging through it.

"I don't like that nurse she's too happy" Tristan then spoke causing the whole room to erupt with laughter.

"Isn't she allowed to be happy?" James asked.

"Well yeah but not that happy I mean how could someone be that happy working at a hospital?" he stated.

"I guess it's her job to be happy or people would complain about her if she was miserable all the time" Con pointed out.

"Yeah I guess" Tris then said ending the conversation.

"Look away" Alice then announced signalling that she wanted to get dressed. So we all did as we were told but it wasn't long until she'd changed into the black legging's, paired with a plain white t shirt that had long sleeves, a knitted oat coloured cardigan and her chestnut UGG boots. Her face clear of makeup and she pulled her back into a simple ponytail but even like that she still looked absolutely gorgeous.

"Are you ready to go home?" I questioned flashing her a warm smile and she nodded her head before taking my hand and walking out to my car. Tris, Con and James also went back to their houses.

The journey home was silent apart from the 'Arctic Monkeys' album that was quietly playing in the background. We finally arrived home after a half an hour drive and I got Alice's things from the boot of the car and headed inside with her following behind.

"Would you like a sandwich or anything else?" I asked as I got the bread, butter and ham out to make myself one. But she slowly shook her head and quietly made her way upstairs.

*Alice's P.O.V*

When I got to mine and Brad's room I just led on our king sized bed and cried into my pillow until I had no energy left.

"Alice sweetheart I've bought you a sandwich it's ham and cheese your favourite" I then heard Brad call from the other side of the closed bedroom door. So I decided to pull myself up from the comfortable bed as I stood up. I gasped as I set foot on the cold wood laminate flooring before I stumbled over to the door and opened it slowly to reveal Brad stood there with a sandwich in one hand and a tub of Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream in the other with two spoons.

"It's my job to look after you and you need to eat" he exclaimed and handed me the food which I gratefully took and set it down on the white wooden bedside table. I then looked over at Brad who looked lost as he picked up the stuffed white rabbit that we had bought for the baby and held it in his hands, I walked over to him and watched as the tears slipped down his face he looked so broken and hurt.

"I love you Brad" I then said as I slipped my arms round his neck and his hands found their way to my waist.

"I love you too Alice" he replied before bending down to place a light kiss on my lips.

"I really wanted this baby" he then admitted as he let a tear slip down his face.

"I know" I responded before placing another kiss on his lips just so he wouldn't cry or I would start crying again.

"Do you know what we should do?" Brad then spoke.

"I don't know what?" I replied with a smile.

"Build blanket forts and eat junk food whilst watching our favourite movies" he answered excitedly.

"That's why you're the best boyfriend ever" I exclaimed before he grabbed my hand pulling me downstairs for a fun night.

Authors note: sorry it's taken ages for us to update but we had college and sixth form work and we've also been planning the next few chapters. Hope you like this one.

Chelsea xxxx