Telling parents part 1

*Alice's P.O.V*

I woke up my stomach in knots because today was the day I'm finally telling my mum about the pregnancy. I searched through my wardrobe to find something decent to wear. I then felt a pair of arms around my waist, I turned round to face Brad and he placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"How are you feeling?" he questioned.

"Nervous" I answered.

His arms got tighter as he pulled me closer to him.

"I know, but your mum deserves to know" he said whilst he picked out a pair of black skinny jeans along with a black and white stripped t- shirt from his side if the wardrobe.

"I know but what if she hates me?" I asked with a worried tone.

"She won't she's your mother and if she does you've still got me" he assured.

I smiled at him and he kissed my forehead before leaving me to get ready.

I looked through my wardrobe and finally picked out a pair of black leggings and a light grey jumper that had Mickey Mouse on it. I applied some foundation, eyeliner and mascara before styling my hair into a messy pony tail. I slipped my feet into a pair of chestnut UGG boots. I walked down stairs to see Brad sat on the sofa playing on his phone, he looked up at me and his face lit up.

"Are you ready to go?" He questioned.

I nodded my head whilst I picked up my leather tan bag that carried my phone and purse. So he grabbed his denim jacket and slipped on his grey beanie styling his perfect curls that were peeking out. He grabbed my hand and led me outside. The walk to my mums house was pretty quick as we just chatted about random things.

I nervously walked up the path to the front door and Brad lightly squeezed my hand. I lifted my hand up slowly and pressed the doorbell. We waited for a few seconds until my mum who I'd recently told that me and Brad were dating came to door, a smile appeared on her face as soon as she saw us.

"Alice, Brad come in" she greeted gesturing us to come in.

As soon as I walked through the door the familiar scent of my mums cooking filled my nostrils.

"Whatever you're cooking smells good" Brad commented whilst he took a seat next to me on the brown leather sofa.

"I'm just cooking cupcakes" she answered and Brad's eyes lit up.

"Would you like any drinks?" She offered.

"I'll have a cup of tea" Brad answered.

"I'll just have a glass of orange juice" I added.

She went into the kitchen to make us our drinks. She soon came back in with a tray full of drinks and cupcakes.

"So what do you need to tell me?" She questioned referring to our phone conversation that we had earlier.

I looked at Brad who gave me a reassuring look as he took my hand in his.

"I'm pregnant" I mumbled casting my gaze to the floor.

"That's great news congratulations" she exclaimed, I looked back at her to see she had a smile plastered on her face.

"So you're not mad?" I quizzed.

"Why would I be? You're old enough to make your own decisions and Brad is very nice young man who will probably take very good care of you and the baby" she replied.

"So how far are you?" She continued.

"Four months" I responded.

"Have you picked out any names?" She questioned fully interested in what I had to say.