Chapter Four: I'm Your Mate

Faolan wakes me up and I accidently break his nose, Opps. Staring at him doe eyed I whimper at my most recent accident and watch him. He wipes his face with his shirt and I see that it’s almost healed, thank the lord. He laughs at my expression and wipes the tears that refuse to fall, he sits down next me. "Just a little blood, I heal really fast and I'm perfectly fine. No worries little one," he grins at me squeezing my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," I whisper touching his face.

"Its fine, Miss. Nyx." I roll my eye's looking at him, why he can’t call me Fae.

"It's Fae and now that I know you’re okay I'm going back to bed."

"No you’re not," he says laughing as I lay down. "Let’s get you some food and we can talk." I sigh shoving him out of my new room, and going to one of the cloths boxes.  Well, I have nobody to impress so leather jacket it is. I put on a pair of black skinnies and put my guns in my waist band and one in my boots, slip on a black camisole some boots and finally my leather jacket to cover the guns. He gives me a look when I walk out and I raise an eyebrow, “your guns" oh.

"I don't care, dad always insisted on having a gun with silver bullets and the other has flaming ammo.  Dad knew something; he just never told me what."

"I believe you, I kind of have to." He chuckles but doesn’t explain; instead he leads me to the kitchen and makes me a bowl of cereal. A man walks in as I sit down making Faolan tense up and me pause mid-bite. "Michael"

"Kid, your daddy’s-"

"Faolan," Peter says walking in with an extremely beautiful woman.

"Alpha," both men nod in respect and I just go back to eating my cereal. "God girl show some respect,” Marshal says walking up to me and grabbing my arm, no doubt to wrench me out of my seat. Faolan grabs Marshal slamming his face into the counter before the two men shift and I'm left confused, the heck just happened? We rush outside and by the time we get there one wolf is cracked in blood and limping like mad, Marshal. Peter reaches them first, ordering them to shift but only Marshal does. Faolan circles Marshal and his dad like the wolf he is and I step up to join the men when he's suddenly there, "Shift, now!" I order him and he obeys as I turn my head the other way. Hearing his chuckle I go back to my cereal and they go where they please. Twenty minutes later I'm walking around when Faolan pops up out of absolutely nowhere.

"All better?" I ask with a tilt of my head and as always he mimics me with a grin and I'm blown away, his icy blue eyes are lovely and inviting when he smiles. He truly is a lovely one.

"I will be once you finish checking me out," my cheeks heat at his teasing and he smirks.

"You know you love it," I say with a roll of my eyes and am treated to another grin.

"Oh I know," my eyes widen and he cracks up before turning really serious. "We need to talk."

"Alright talk," rolling his eyes he grabs my hand and leads me outside and into the woods. We walk for a while before reaching a low hanging tree. He gives me a lift and soon were swinging our legs in the air.

"Look uh there’s something you need to know," he rubs the back of his head nervously. "In our world we have mates; you might know it as a soul mate?"

"I've heard of them, yes."

"If you’re lucky you find your mate and you protect them with your life."

"Like you did earlier?" Is he trying to say his beautiful self is plane 'ol me's soul mate, impossible.

"I know it might seem like a shock, it sure was to me, but you’re my soul mate. You might be able to tell, humans don't tend to be as connected as us but they get just as possessive of what is there's as we do. There are two things that can happen, you can leave me and I might go insulin or you can except that you’re my mate and well things go from there."