Chapter 2

"Shut up!" Mary hissed at me while grabbing my arm. I shoved her off. "Do you know who that is?" She snapped. "I don't care." I said. "That's Joshua! The preacher's son." She said in a low voice. "Would you shut up for once you pathetic excuse of a human being!" I snapped at her in Korean.

"You should be nicer to her." My head snapped up. It was Mr. Perfect. "Stay out of my business." I said grouchily. "I'm Joshua. You can call me Jisoo though." He said while extending his hand for me to shake. "Jeonghan." I said.His hands were baby soft, but his grip was tight. "Jeonghan? Like angel?" I actually blushed. I wanted to slap myself.

Who did this hot guy think he was. Making me feel like an idiot. Then I saw the looks we were getting. We had been speaking in Korean, so no one else understood what we were saying. "So how long have you been in L.A.?" Jisoo asked in English.

"He came three weeks ago. His parents are away on business." Mary spoke up. She was wearing what she probably thought of as her most charming smile. I almost pointed out the cum in her hair out of pity, but decided to let her look stupid. I watched Jisoo look from her hair to her mouth and then make eye contact with her.

He smiled in return. "I'm sure Jeonghan can speak for himself." His voice was polite, but I could feel his judgment. "Sucky sucky fi dolla." I said under my breath. I thought no one would be able to hear me, but apparently Jisoo had perfect hearing too. I saw his lips curl as he tried to suppress his laughter.

"My dad actually sent me to go round up the stragglers. So you can stay with us while I look for more. Because technically. You're one of them." He said. Her smile fell. "I was just dealing with some lady stuff and Jeonghan came to get me!" She said.

"Oh yeah...Lady and guy stuff." I said in Korean, again under my breath. Jisoo's lip twitched again. "I don't think people like when you talk in Korean." Mary said shortly. "I don't care what people think." I pointed out.

"Come on guys." Jisoo said with a wave of his hand. His friends followed quietly, and I started to realize that they weren't particularly happy to be with him. "Does this mean we're in trouble?" I asked. I didn't really care, but due to my accent it made my voice always sound worried.

So of course Perfect Jisoo had to be perfectly nice and try and comfort someone who didn't even need comforting. Stupid hot boy! Super polite, hot, and nice?! You've gotta be kidding me. "Not really! My dad is just gonna nag at you a little bit, but nothing bad is going to happen." He said in a comforting soft voice.

The only thing I could do was glare at him. And so that's what I did. Except a few times I could feel my angry expression slip, and I found myself openly staring at him. "Great. I hate coming here and now I have to be with her and more annoying people." I was so used to speaking in Korean and no one else understanding that the words just slipped out.

"Is she that bad?" Jisoo asked. I blinked in surprise and pretended not to hear him. I felt Mary elbow me. She obviously thought I was being rude. Which I was, but I didn't care. We walked some more. He walked the same path and I had a feeling he was just killing time.

There was a boy that he was talking to. They bantered back and forth, and he seemed caught up with the other boy, so I slowly slipped to the back. Then let the others get far ahead. I let out a sigh of relief.

I looked around and spotted one of the many exit doors. I practically flew out of it. I walked around to the front and sat on the stairs. I exhaled happily. The place was huge yet it was always so stuffy in there. Maybe it's because of the constant 'gays must die' vibe? I thought to myself. L.A. was crowded, but Seoul was even worse.

I liked the buzz of cities. There was always so much going on. None of which was as important as me though. I could feel the eyes of many passerby's on me, but ignored them. I was used to people staring at me, because, If you may or may not know, I was pretty hot. Plus people sometimes had problems figuring out if I was a girl or a boy.

It was the hair that did it, but at least here it wasn't as bad as in Seoul. There were plenty of people like me in America. "Why'd you leave?" I jumped up onto my feet. It was Jisoo. He was leaning against the wall watching me.

"I don't like it in there...no offense." I said. He cocked his head slightly and looked at me with his dark pretty brown eyes. "Don't worry. None were taken." He said. I looked him up and down. He seemed pretty fit.

And then he pushed himself off the wall and sat down next where I had been sitting. He patted the space next to him. "I don't really wanna go back in either." He said. His voice was sincere and his eyes seemed almost scared.

There was something else in his eyes. He was dying to ask me a question. I could see it burning his insides. We sat in awkward silence. He drummed his fingers on his leg and looked up at the cloudless morning sky.

He started whistling suddenly. I gave him a sidelong look. What's this dude's deal? I asked myself. I liked looking at him. He was honestly really nice to look at. Then he turned on me. I flinched in surprise. "Are you gay?!" Jisoo blurted out. What the fuck?