Chapter 27

Jisoo's P.O.V

I stayed close to Jeonghan, but I was careful not to touch him any longer or more than a friend would've touched a friend. I wasn't sure where Kalee and Cho had snuck off to, but I hoped they were being careful. I stuffed my burger in my mouth before I could keep worrying. Jeonghan seemed to either notice my unease or he too was on edge.

As soon as they had arrived I could tell that his uncle was in a foul mood. He had come in practically stomping, and his eyes had been a dark, dangerous gray. He was chatting animatedly in the corner with some of the other adults at the time being. He looked to be on his fifth glass of wine. Probably why he's so calm. I thought. Jeonghan was shifting at my feet and I was confused why until I followed his gaze.

Cho was following Kalee from the bathroom as sneakily as they could to one of my guest bedrooms. It was obvious they were drunk thanks to their Asian glow, something I had only experienced once. I wondered for a moment where they got the alcohol from and how they snuck it past the adults, but the thought soon left my head. They were surprisingly sneaky. No one else seemed to notice them. So with one last look I let them be.

I turned back to the tv. Oh and Jeonghan. Mostly Jeonghan. I focused mostly on Jeonghan, but tried to not be obvious. I could see Mary giving me warning glares or she would lightly elbow my side. I had my arm draped around her shoulders, and she leaned into me, but I knew she knew we were just covering mine and Jeonghan's trail. She was an extremely good friend.

I would go as far as to say I loved Mary and Kalee. Only as sisters may that be, but I still loved them. I loved a lot of my friends, but none compared to Jeonghan. I would do a lot for my friends, but I would do anything for Jeonghan. He just meant that much to me. I didn't know if he felt the same. However, I didn't care. Even if he didn't love me the way I loved him, I wouldn't stop loving him.

As my thoughts began to take off I felt him lean lightly against my leg. Very normal looking. Until you looked closer. You would see my free arm resting close to the nape of his neck. His arm wrapped loosely, too loosely, around my leg. So close. So tantalizingly close.

It was almost too much. I wanted to ditch Mary and throw my arms around him. Draw him close. Stay there for a few seconds and then kiss him harder than I ever had before. It was driving me crazy with desire. I wanted to run my fingers through his hair. Pin him against a wall. Make him not be able to think straight. I wanted him, and I hoped he wanted me.

"Do you wanna go outside," I asked in a whisper. He nodded and Mary pointed at her phone. "I'll text you if something happens." We got up and made our way out to my backyard. No one was outside now that there was no more food. Abandoned floaties drifted across the pool and the weeping willow in the back corner was as empty and secluded as always.

I looked behind us and took his hand. I led him gently to the backside of the tree. We walked quietly across the lawn, the only sound was our feet against the grass, and my heart slamming against my rib cage. There were squirrels and a few neighborhood cats along the fence line. I turned my head to look at Jeonghan. His shirt stuck to his body and his hair blew out behind him. His skin was a beautiful olive complexion, his eyes were amazingly huge, and his cheekbones were so greatly high.

I used my free hand to push back the curtain of switches. With a few strides we made it around the tree. For a moment we paused and stood awkwardly. And then I practically threw him into the tree. He gasped in surprise, but I cut him off with a kiss. He was stiff with shock for a moment, and then he wrapped one arm around my neck and the other around my waist. He bit my lip and I tasted blood on my tongue. He pulled back a moment looking sorry, but I simply licked my lips and flew at him again.

He was suddenly shorter than me and I realized he had tripped over a root and the tree had caught him. But that didn't slow our kiss. I sucked on his tongue lightly before he pulled back to breathe. He was gasping for breath and so was I. He had a twinkle in his eye. "What happened?" His voice was husky with lust.

I sucked in a breath. "You happened," I whispered. His eyes widened slightly and then he narrowed them. We stood there. With my arms caging him, his forearms on my chest, and him leaning heavily against the tree. Then this time he lunged at me. I was taken by surprise and tried to catch myself as I fell backwards. Thankfully we were in a corner and there was a fence. I slammed heavily into the fence and gasped as the wind was knocked out of me.

I pulled back took in a gulp of air then pulled him back to me. I raked my fingernails down his back from his shoulders. I heard him gasp with pleasure. Then he knotted his hands in my hair. He put his knee in my crotch and was pulling my face closer to his. It didn't seem possible that we could get any closer, but somehow we did.

He moved his hands from my hair to my neck. And then there was a shout and my phone buzzed. We jumped away from each other as fast as we could. It had come from the front of the house, but I could already tell what it was. Or rather who it was, and before I could stop him Jeonghan was sprinting to Kalee's defense.