Chapter 26

Jeonghan's P.O.V

I sat quietly next to Kalee in the Subaru. We were on our way to the barbecue, and I felt more tired than excited. I was excited to see all my friends, but I was so emotionally and mentally drained from the past week that it was hard to get my spirits up. The thought of Jisoo relaxed me, but it wasn't like we could do anything. Not with all the homophobes hanging around. It was torture. We couldn't touch, kiss, cuddle, or do anything the straight couples could do. It sucked. I just wanted to be able to love him without being judged for his sex.

Kalee linked our arms. I looked down at her. She was staring out of the windshield, and I could tell she was struggling against her nerves. She hated these events as much as I did. Maybe even more than I did. The day her dad lost it on all of us had nearly sent her over the edge. The only things keeping her centered were Cho, Mary, and myself.

The sun made Mary's now red to blonde ombré hair look especially bright. She may have fallen apart behind closed doors but she was definitely put together outside of them. She changed her look from a cute anime girl to a kickass chick. She opted her normally perky makeup to a black smokey eye, her pink lipstick to a classy red, she had her lip, nose, and tongue piercings in. She looked like she could actually kick ass. Kalee always looked like a kickass. She had her black hair in a messy bun, black lipstick, highlight on point, and neutral green eyeshadow.

I wished I looked as bad ass as them. I had no piercings, I didn't wear the same clothes as them, and my hair made me look girly. Maybe it was time to cute it. I didn't even know why I had started growing it out. It mostly got in my way. It wasn't even practical. I looked down. The twins had both painted their nails red, and I suddenly realized how plain I looked compared to them. Now I couldn't have that. I was supposed to be the head turner. I would cut my hair soon. Not super short like Jisoo, but shorter than it was now.

After minutes of me contemplating my look we finally arrived at Jisoo's house. My heart was hammering against my rib cage and I fought for control. It would be frowned upon to race out and give my boyfriend a hug. I could walk over to him and give him one of those weird American handshake hugs. Yeah. That was safe. I saw all of the older men doing that with each other. Surely they wouldn't care if we did that.

There he was. Sitting on the porch rocking chair with his hands in his lap and a polite smile on his face. He was sitting amongst the adults, and the way he composed himself made it seem like he belonged. I knew better though. He hated most of them. Alex parked and we all got out. Mary and Kalee were attached by the hip as they hurried ahead. Alex walked slowly next to my uncle, and I was between the four of them.

Jisoo waved when he saw us and got up. He walked slowly over to us. He gave Mary and Kalee hugs before making his way to me. I went for one of those weird handshake things, and he laughed at me. "What?" I asked. He just chuckled and shook his head. He shook my aunt and uncles' hand then came back to me.

He laughed before saying, "It's just odd. For you to act like that." He threw his arm over my shoulder. We walked slowly into the house. I glanced around nervously, but nobody was really paying attention to us. So with a heavy sigh, I steeled myself to endure the oncoming torture.

A/N: Sorry that the chapter is so short...I'm just trying to finish this book at this point. It's been very fun writing this. So thank you for reading this far. Please please please check out my other fanfics. There's more on the way, but I don't start publishing a story till I've finished one. Keeps me in check. I'm really thankful you guys have read this far. So goodbye!
-Keep rebelling,
Toxic