Chapter 29

Jisoo's P.O.V

I hadn't talked to my parents since the barbecue at the beginning of the school year. I was allowed to go on school trips somehow, and if the school called for permission for something they always said yes, so maybe that was a good thing. I had been staying with Jeonghan and the others ever since the barbecue. I had stayed through the divorce. When Hansol and Mary announced they were dating and that Hansol had broken up with his other girlfriend. When Kalee got really sick and gave her illness to the rest of us, and now it was the last day of school.

Alex was good to me. She let me eat whatever I wanted when we went out. She paid for supplies, and she picked up my medications. I knew she talked to my mom every once in awhile. I wasn't sure who called who, but when the phone calls were over she said nothing about them.

I turned to Jeonghan whom was still asleep in our bed. He had cut off his hair but it was still longer than most. He looked like a Disney prince now. Absolutely handsome and charming in every way. I laid a gentle hand on his cheek. He leaned his face into my hand and his eyes slowly opened.

"You're up early," he said in a raspy sleepy voice. I smiled warning down at him and deciding to ignore his morning breath, because I knew he would ignore mine, I leaned down and pressed my lips gently to his. We pulled apart and he sat up.

"Teeth?" I laughed as he asked. With a nod from me we got up and made our way to the bathroom in his room. We grabbed our toothbrushes and put toothpaste on before brushing at either side of the sink. We brushed in silence, sharing the occasional look. Then we were done.

"Can I join you?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and pushed him out of the bathroom as I unbuttoned my pants. I didn't bother locking the door. I knew Jeonghan wouldn't come in and surprise me in the shower. Unless he wanted a fist in his mouth. I took a quick shower. Washed my hair and scrubbed my body. After rinsing off I jumped out and wrapped myself up with a towel. While Jeonghan took a shower I got dressed and headed out into the kitchen.

We all took turns cooking breakfast, and today was my turn. I grabbed the carton of eggs and shredded cheese. I took out a skillet and turned on the stove. When I was done with the scrambled eggs I cooked the bacon and toasted the bread. Mary and Kalee made their way out of their room looking like zombies. I hurried to get them coffee when Jeonghan came out of the room.

His hair was damp and his white shirt clung to his body. I admired his simple outfit before getting his plate ready. We all ate in silence before Alex came out of her room. "Good morning children," she called in a singsong voice. She was in a pantsuit and her hair was in a professional looking bun. She wore a full face of bold makeup.

"I'm supposed to be getting that promotion today," she said cheerfully. We clapped for her as she poured herself a cup of coffee. She kissed Mary and Kalee on the forehead before turning to Jeonghan and me. She kissed us each on the cheek leaving a red lipstick stain.

"Sorry I can't stay and eat. I love you all! Have a great day," she called over her shoulder as she grabbed her briefcase and walked out of the house. Kalee and Mary looked at eachother.

"Is it just me or did mom look badass," Kalee asked. Jeonghan shook his head.

"She looked like a spy or something," he said. I laughed and nodded. After we ate Mary did the dishes and put them in the dishwasher to dry. We made our way to the Subaru and Kalee got into the driver's side seat. Alex had bought a red hellcat challenger and drove that to work everyday.

When we got to school Kalee parked in between Cho and Hansol. The two were sitting on Cho's hood waiting for us. When we all got out Mary and Kalee hurried over to Hansol and Cho. Jeonghan and I got out and followed the others into the school. Considering it was the last day of school we really weren't going to do anything.

We made our way to our home room. Or to my home room. Like I said. Last day. No one cared. There were kids laying on the ground, but when they saw us they got up and left. "Hey does that mean we get this room to ourselves," a freshman asked. She had started eating lunch with us at around the beginning of the year and now we all thought of her as our little sister. And her friends as little siblings too.

"Yep. We don't have to go to any of our other classes today," I told her. She gaped in surprise. Different schools handled the last day of school differently. Ours just let us do what ever we wanted. Well almost what ever we wanted. The first four hours passed with us on our phones or watching movies on the smartboard. Then it was lunch time and we sent the freshmen to go bring us all back some food. When they got back we pigged out and spent the last three hours of school watching movies with a teacher to keep an eye on us.

A super fun day. Then it was over and we all had to say goodbye to our friends. Mary got into Hansol's car, Kalee into Cho's, and Jeonghan and I in the Subaru. We all drove to the movies and spent the rest of the day having fun.