Chapter 24

Jisoo's P.O.V

I pulled up to the twins' house. Jeonghan was sitting on the front porch with his long hair tied up. I honked and he looked up with a large smile on his face. We hadn't spoken much about what had happened with his uncle the other day. He didn't bring it up. So, I didn't bring it up either. We were going to dinner and then a drive in movie. He was dressed wonderfully. A yellow sweater over a white button up shirt, straight blue jeans, and vans. He was my everything.

He didn't know that though. I wasn't going to tell him any time soon. I didn't want to scare him away. "Hey babe. Ready for the best night of living in America?" I asked him as he got in. He smiled at me and shook his head in exasperation. I grabbed his hand and began to drive away until I was Mary racing out. Hansol was behind her.

I rolled down the window as she came. "I owed you money. For the last time you got me food," she said while pulling out her wallet. I laughed. And pushed her hand away.

"I can't take your money," I told her. She pushed harder and set the wad of cash in my cup holder. Then she took off before I could give it back with Hansol trailing after her. I looked across at Jeonghan but he only shrugged and put on his seat belt.

I drove away with my hand in Jeonghan's and my eyes on the road. "Where are we going?" He asked me. I debated on wether or not I should keep it a surprise or not. Then I decided it wouldn't matter if he knew or not.

"We're going to The Little Door. It's a European restaurant." I told him. He nodded as if he had heard of it, but I knew better. I knew he had no idea where it was, or what to order, or what the place looked like. After big events my father would take us all out to eat at The Little Door. It was the first place I had ever seen a proposal. And the first place I had seen an openly gay couple. I didn't see anything wrong with it, but when I asked if they were like boyfriend and girlfriend my father got mad at me.

Just because it was a popular spot for all sorts of couples and families we didn't stop coming. That was something I had always been thankful for. We had ended up becoming friends with the manager, we got good cheap food, and we always had friendly servers. Plus I got to observe all the types of couples. I ended up seeing several gay or lesbian couples, I saw bi racial couples, and one time I even saw a polygamous group.

This place was special to me. It made me feel like I wasn't alone. As I got older I got hit on more and more. Sometimes by girls sometimes by guys. That's how I realized I wasn't half bad to look at. I was especially glad that Jeonghan seemed to think the same. I looked over at him. He was more attractive than anyone I had ever seen. He took my breath away. His perfect hair, perfect face, his perfect body even. It was almost too much to handle.

He used to call me Perfect Jisoo, but he had stopped after awhile. Maybe he didn't think I was so perfect anymore. I pushed the doubt away and went back o focusing on the road.

We finally arrived and thankfully there were still parking spots up close. So I parked and got out. I went over to Jeonghan's door and opened it for him. We walked slowly. Hand in hand. I opened the door for him and was greeted by the smell of amazing food. This would be the perfect night.