Chapter 10

Josh's P.O.V

         I was having trouble looking at Jeonghan. Well I was having problems with eye contact, because oh Lord he was hot! He had seemed surprised about Kalee, but I couldn't do much. His shirt stuck to his body and I was trying really hard not to look at him. I had almost had a heart attack when he was taking his shirt off at the pool.

          I realized now that he had wanted me to watch him. He had instantly sought me out, and then he almost gave me another heart attack when he smirked and then he had the audacity to wink at me. Wink!

          I never knew that one person could be so attractive. He didn't have a six pack, but there was more of a four pack, and even if it wasn't a six pack....it drew attention. He had his hair in ponytail now, and since I had only seen girls put their hair up I never knew how attractive it was when someone tied up their hair.

          He also made driving more difficult than it needed to be. I had to force myself to look at the road and not run over brave squirrels that decided to cross the street at the wrong moment. He muttered to himself in Korean every once in a while. Stuff about crazy animals and crazy cousins.

           A 7-Eleven came up shortly. I sighed in relief. It would be a little safer if I wasn't behind the wheel. I parked and got out. Jeonghan staid in for a moment with his eyes staring off into space apparently caught deep in thought.

          I couldn't help but smile. There was something very childlike. It was endearing. He had his head propped up on his hand with his elbow on the window. He was staring up into the clouds, but not really seeing.  He even had his mouth slightly open. It was adorable.

         Then he blinked and came back to reality. He looked around in slight confusion then his eyes fell on me. I waved at him then motioned for him to follow me. He got out looking sheepish. I grinned at him.

          "What were you thinking of?" I asked him. He shrugged. "Just stuff..." He let his sentence die away. He had a very distant look in his eyes, and his face was a careful emotionless mask. I eyed him suspiciously then decided to drop it.

          I shrugged and turned to go into the gas station. He immediately fell into step beside me. I glanced over at him every few seconds. He seemed to be thinking about something, but he said nothing about it. I wanted to ask. I wanted to know what was going through his mind. I wanted to know him...but it wasn't my place.

          Nor was it my right to pry into his head. But all the same it was hard to resist. I was naturally curious. And it was getting harder to resist. I wanted to know more about him and how he thought. When we got to the door I held it open for him then followed him in after he had mumbled a soft thank you.

          I followed quietly behind him. He knew we were looking for hot dog buns, so I followed him as he looked around. He passed them twice. I knew he could read English. He could speak it and he understood it. I had seen his lips make out the names of things he read.

          I grabbed them and tapped his shoulder. He spun around. "Are you okay?" I asked him. He looked down. "She probably thinks I'm some kind of homophob." He said quietly in Korean. Now I understood. He was worried about Kalee.

          I gripped his shoulder. "She knows better. She knows you love her. I know you love her." I said. I put as much earnestness as I could into my voice. He looked up doubtfully. "How are you so sure?" He asked. I glanced at our feet then forced myself to look him in the eye. "Because I think I know you. At least I'm trying to know you." I said.

          "Well good luck with that." He scoffed. I flinched. Was he not interested after all? Had I read too far into it? I was hurt that he hadn't just told me no. Maybe he only wanted to be my friend. Oh lord, what am I doing? I thought to myself.

          He had turned and was heading to the register when he realized I wasn't following. He looked back with a look of confusion on his pretty face. "You coming?" He called. I shook myself off. I was just going to have to pretend like nothing had happened.

          "Are you okay Jisoo?" I looked up. My cheeks were wet. I hastily wiped the tears away. Get a grip dude! "Yeah I'm fine. Allergies and stuff. You know?" I lied. He seemed to buy it. Or he just didn't care. I couldn't tell.

          I paid for the buns and soon we were back in the jeep. I was sure if he wasn't interested in me he was probably sick of me opening his door for him. We got in and I unknowingly slammed the door a lot harder than I had intended to. Jeonghan jumped, but soon went to staring out the window. I sighed. Of course he wasn't interested in me. It was a lot easier to focus after that.

A/N: Funny story. My mom has tons of tattoos, too many to count, and she was shopping in the PX, a store on post. When She passed this lady.She was one of those churchy ladies that doesn't cut their hair and only wears skirts. Well the lady visibly flinched(talk about dramatic), and as she passed we could hear her say, "Gee golly, Miss Molly!"

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard before.

Well anywho. I Hope you guys are enjoying so far. Thanks for reading!      ~Peace out, Toxic