Chapter 8

Jeonghan's P.O.V

          It was the day of the barbecue and I was struggling to contain myself. We were going to Jisoo's house! My heart was racing from excitement. When Mary asked to dress me I didn't refuse. I remembered Jisoo saying she was into fashion, so I trusted her judgement.

          "They have a pool so you'll want to wear swim trunks." She said. I nodded and grabbed my plain gray ones. "You have that wierd thing where you wear a shirt right?" She asked. "It's not wierd. I don't want to get a tan!" I said. She stared at me incredulously. "I don't know if we're related anymore." This time I stared.

          "Okay. Well anyways. Let me see your shirts." I opened my closet for her and she set to work. "You can change after you're done swimming, so you'll need shorts and an extra shirt. Plus underwear." She said. Kalee had wondered in and laid down on my bed.

          "Trying to look good for your boyfriend?" My heart stopped. I looked up in surprise. "Just kidding." She said when she saw my horror struck face. "I didn't think you'd be like all those homophobs at church." She said. I didn't know wether to laugh or not.

          Mary had stiffened. This was obviously a very sensitive topic in the house. "You know how mom and dad feel Kalee!" She hissed. Kalee simply shrugged and rolled onto her back. "They'll know exactly how I feel sooner or later." She said under her breath. I don't think I was supposed to have heard it.

          Kalee was giving her twin fretful glances when she went back to picking out my clothes. And I didn't know which of the twins to look at. They were very different from each other. Kalee had her hair its natural color of black, but Mary's hair was dyed a bright bubblegum pink.

          Kalee loved reading and quiet, but Mary seemed to dislike both of those things. Mary also wore colored contacts most of the time and Kalee stuck to her glasses. Very different indeed. But maybe they would have something else to add to the list of differences.

          I tossed the thought out of my mind. I had bigger things to worry about. Like what I was gonna say to Jisoo. Wait. Is he gonna be shirtless? It wasn't like I hadn't seen a shirtless boy before, but the fact that it was Jisoo changed quite a lot of things. 

          I wondered if he went to the gym. Probably. Maybe we can go together? I grew even more excited at the thought of going to the gym with Jisoo. "Do people work out almost everyday?" I asked. Kalee blinked in surprise and Mary gave a little jump. "Most people yeah. But there's rest days." Mary said.

          Kalee rolled her eyes. "What do you know about working out. You refuse to go to the gym with me." She said. Mary laughed. "I go on very strict diets when I need to watch my frame." She said in her high pitched voice. Kalee ignored her and went back to her book.

          "Jeonghan go put this on." Mary said. She thrust out a shirt and his swimtrunks. "But you're in my room. Shouldn't you guys be the ones to leave?" I pointed out. "Nope. Just go into the bathroom." She pointed. I turned and looked at the closed door. I thought that was another closet. I didn't say that out loud though.

          Turned out it really was and bathroom and I had been taking unnecessary showers in the hall bathroom. Oh well. No going back on that now.

     *****Time Skip*****

          We pulled up to a fairly big house in downtown LA. There were cars lining the street and I wondered how many people would be there. For a heart jerking moment I wondered if Jisoo would even wanna talk to me when he had his friends. I looked down at myself in worry.

          "Stop doing that. You've been checking yourself out the whole way up here. I'm sure some girls are gonna fall helplessly in love right away. Maybe even some guys, but you're not into that are you?" Kalee's voice was shockingly aggressive. I looked up at her in surprise and hurt. Apparently she thought I was a homophob.

          I hid my hurt with a smirk. "Well even if they do I wouldn't blame them. I'm looking very attractive today." I said. We had been talking in undertones so the adults hadn't heard us, but Mary had. She glared over at Kalee, but Kalee simply ignored her. "Well kids don't just sit here. Go!" My uncle spoke up. He obviously wanted to talk to my aunt alone. 

Mary and Kalee opened their doors and got out. I followed Mary out seeing as her side had the curb and Kalee's didn't. Her pink hair was in a messy bun on the top of her head and she wore dangling gold earings. Her sunglasses were unnecessarily big and very round.

          Kalee on the other hand was wearing her short black hair down and still had her glasses on. She held a pair of goggles in one hand and a book in the other. Her black t-shirt read, "Stay Away" and her face was that of utmost annoyance.

          There was a group of teens on the front porch and my stomach dropped all the way to my knees. Jisoo was standing in the middle of them.

          He seemed to be telling a story. He was gesturing wildly with his hands and his eyes were wide with excitement. The people around him were totally engrossed. But then our eyes met. He dropped his hands and smiled broadly at me. "Sorry guys. Just forgot what happened next." The people around him groaned.

          He jumped over the railing and landed lightly before walking over to us. Kalee actually perked up. Mary waved eagerly, but he ignored them. "Hey Jeonghan!" He greeted me happily.  "Hello." I said. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face. The twins looked between the two of us.

          "Come on. I wanna show you around!" He said in Korean. I saw his hand twitch like he had been about to grab me, and had to remind himself not to. He turned. I instantly fell into step beside him. I looked over at him. Not shirtless yet. What a shame.