Chapter 7

Jisoo's P.O.V

          I thought about calling Kalee to ask her to talk to Jeonghan, but decided against it. We had been on one date and I already wanted to tell everybody. Except I couldn't. Only one person knew besides Jeonghan, but we had both sworn long ago not to tell anyone. At the thought of him my heart gave a little jump. But it was useless.

          I parked the jeep in front of the church. The doors were being held open by boxes full of stuff that would soon be thrown out. The grass was high and there were plenty of weeds to kill. I looked down at myself. I was still in my clothes from our date, and they weren't very work appropriate. Not for cleaning and mowing anyways.

          I turned and grabbed a tank top and some basketball shorts from the backseat. I grabbed my keys and my phone then went in. I ducked into the bathroom and changed before putting all my stuff in my dad's office. I turned and left.

          "Dad?!" I called. My voice echoed through the big halls. "In here!" I hurried to one of the many storage rooms. It was full of stuff from many, many plays that the youth had put on, but we had never used the stuff again. There was already cardboard boxes full of stuff labeled 'Dump'

          "Do you want me to start mowing or to help you in here?" I asked. "Go mow. I'll come get you when it's time to take the boxes to the truck." He said. I nodded and left. The back of the church had a play ground which was also overrun by grass and weeds that needed mowing. But there was also a shed where we kept the push mower. I had been trying for years to convince them to get a riding one, but they refused.

          "I'd like to see them mow everything on foot." I grumbled as I pulled out the push mow. "This is gonna take forever!" I sighed. Well no use just standing around! So I set to work.

          By the time I finished the back and was ready to go to the front my dad had finished boxing stuff up. I was drenched in sweat from the merciless summer California sun, and I had accidently run over a rock which had jumped back and hit my shin.

          "Josh! Come help me!" I groaned. Am I not already helping? I thought as I walked over to him. "It doesn't look like you've gotten anything done!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes, but thankfully he didn't see. "That's because I've been in the back." I defended myself. "Whatever. Grab those boxes.

          It took about half an hour to get all the boxes he had made into the truck, but we weren't done. I still had to mow the front of the church and there were still more boxes to be made. "Well don't just stand here! Get on with it! " He yelled. I groaned. Easy for him to say. I had lifted almost all the boxes and I still had to mow.

          But I didn't say that aloud. "Yes sir." Was all I said. And so I got on with it. It took about two excruciating hours for me to get done. They felt like a life time.

          I went back into the church and drank what felt like a gallon of water from the water fountain. It was a good day to swim. Too bad I had to work most of it. "Come help." I looked up. My dad was standing with his arms crossed looking inpatient. He hadn't broken a sweat and here I was drenched.

          I gulped another thing of water. "Coming." I said. He turned and disappeared down the hall. I took a deep breath before following. More boxes. Yay. I bent down and lifted what was probably the heaviest one.

          It continued like that for awhile. I lifted, he jeered. I decided on skipping the gym later today. It was leg day anyways and my legs were definitely getting a work out. "Alright time to go to the dump; then we'll come back and clean the floors and dust stuff okay?" I wanted to say no. Not okay. But there would be no arguing so I simply nodded. I wanted nothing more than to be with Jeonghan or in bed laying down watching TV, but here I was.

          He was different. Not like most people I met around here. He had this whole ficad of being stuck up and arrogant, but I could tell he cared a lot about his cousins and what people thought about him. He was also full of self-confidence which was cool and all, but I wanted to know the him underneath all of his sarcasm and passive-aggresion.

          I had been able to see the real him on our date and it was mesmerizing. He had been shy and unsure. And when he talked about his family, even though he was saying he didn't like them, his voice was full of love and affection. I stared out the window on our way to the dump. I imagined Jeonghan's face and was glad that I had memorized it. He was amazing, and I wondered if he was even thinking about me.

Jeonghan's P.O.V

          I couldn't stop thinking about him. If he was even thinking about me who would know. But the thought of him actually missing me or even thinking about me briefly had my spirits soaring. Warm and polite. That was what I thought of when I thought about him. And hot, but I was starting to get over that, because we all knew I was hotter.

          When I had gotten back Mary and Kalee had peppered me with questions, but I hadn't completely answered them. They asked what we did. I told them we ate. They asked where. I said at a cafe. They asked why. I told them that we went to eat at a cafe because it was none of their business.

          However annoying Mary was. She was growing on me more and more. And I hated that. So for the time being. We were all three watching movies on Netflix while I zoned out and thought about Jisoo.