Chapter 13

Jeonghan's P.O.V

It was 6th period. Jisoo had switched seats with someone and was now sitting next to me. I tried to pay attention to Mr. Lacher droning on about the American Civil War. Slavery, slavery, Abraham Lincoln.

Any other day and I wouldn't be having this problem. But Jisoo was very distracting. He had his head down resting on his arms. His mouth was open and he was snoring very, very quietly. I couldn't take my eyes off him. I remembered our date. And how I had thought he was ever so fairy-like. I couldn't believe he was human.

He was too perfect. Then a ruler was being slammed on my desk. Jisoo jerked awake looking embarrassed. "Mr.Hong. Seeing as this is the first time I'll let you off the hook. Mr....Yoon was it? Your grade in my class is very low young man. You should pay more attention." He said. "Mian." I bowed. He stared for a moment.

"Jeonghan none of them know what that means." Jisoo said in Korean. I smiled sheepishly. "Sorry." I really didn't like speaking in English. "Don't let it happen again." He said. Now Jisoo was leaning back in his chair with his book open on the desk paying close attention to what the teacher was saying. I didn't know how he could do it. Pay attention so quickly.

"Alright this worksheet is due tomorrow, and I expect a five page essay about if you would've supported the North or South." Worksheets were being passed back and each person seemed disheartened when they saw the number of questions. I flipped mine over to find a back. I groaned.

Without further delay I set to work. It was hard for me. My answers varied from Korean to English. I knew the answers, but I didn't know how to say it English. I felt Josh staring at my page.

"Do you want help?" He finally asked. I blushed. "Yeah..." He smiled and pointed at my very first answer. It was English, but apparently it was wrong. "So. You're basically right, but it's not a complete sentence. He'll dock points for that. And misspelling, and punctuation." I stared at him.

"What am I supposed to do then?" I asked. "Keep writing down the answers. After the movie I'll go over them and help you. You should also ask to redo the assignments you did bad on." He said. I stared down at my hand with the pencil in it.

"So all of them pretty much?" He gave a slight laugh. "He'll take off 20 percent anyways. So you won't be able to get an A, but a B is better than a D or F." I groaned again. He laughed and let me get back to my work. Finally after I had finished, I ended up writing everything in Korean, the bell rang.

I went to leave, but Jisoo grabbed my shirt. He hadn't even looked up. He was putting his stuff away. "Ask." He said while letting go to point at the teacher. I rolled my eyes, but went up to the teacher anyways. "Excuse me sir." I said in English. He looked up. Apparently he hadn't expected me to speak that much English.

"What is it?" He asked gruffly. I took a deep breath. "Can I redo my assignments that I failed? Please." I added as an after thought. He stared. "Let me get them out." And he turned around and filed through a folder. "All of us were expecting a lot better from you. Your record said you were a straight A student."

"Well some stuff came up and I was have a lot of problems focusing." I explained. He nodded and handed me a stack of papers. Jisoo had come up behind me. He had my bag and binder. "Wow. You weren't kidding when you said you failed all of them." He said when he saw the papers.

"Josh? Are you going to be helping him?" He asked. Josh nodded. "Yes sir. Most of his answers are right. He just doesn't know how to write them in English." He said. I nodded slowly when the teacher looked over at me. "Well you two should hurry to your next class." Jisoo nodded and after I put my binder, now full of assignments, in my bag we hurried into the hall on our way to study hall.

"Do you wanna do some of these now or after the movie?" He asked. "Now." We had gone back to speaking Korean thankfully. "Alright, over there." He pointed to two empty desks in the back. No one in study hall actually studied or did work. They all just goofed off.

Some people tried to come over and see what we were doing, but Jisoo politely asked them to leave. Everybody liked him, and they all did as he asked. Perks of being nice I guess.

We went over half of them. I had to write the answers on separate sheets of paper. Jisoo told me how to word it in English when I told him the answer in Korean. We slowly made progress and after I wrote all the answers he would tell what punctuation marks to put and where they went.

"English is hard." I muttered to myself. He laughed. "You're doing fine." He said. I grinned at him. "Come on! Back to work!" He tapped my paper. And that's how we spent the last hour of the day. I was sad I didn't have anymore classes with him. Besides lunch, but lunch didn't count as a class.

We walked back to my locker and I grabbed my other binders that had lots of work I needed to do in them. Jisoo sighed when he saw them. Then Kalee and Cho came over.

"Mary's taking the Subaru home and Cho doesn't have a car, so..." Jisoo ran a hand through his hair. "Well come on. To the jeep!" He threw his arm over my shoulders and his other one over Kalee's while Kalee did the same to Cho.

"Don't you think we're taking up too much space?" I asked as my shoulder brushed the wall.