Chapter 15

Jeonghan's P.O.V

It was the day after my double date with Jisoo. I laid awake in bed staring at my ceiling fan. God Jisoo was hot. He made me feel all sorts of ways. It was all just so confusing. I felt like I had scared him away by moving too fast. I hadn't been able to think of anything but the kiss. There was a knock on my door. "Come in!"

Mary popped her head in. "What are you doing up?" She asked. It was 6:45 on a Saturday. I usually slept in till 10:00 on Saturdays. It was my one free day where I could do whatever I wanted. I tossed my pillow into the air and caught it as it fell. "I'm not really sure." My voice carried more than I thought it would.

"Slow down there with the singing. This isn't High School Musical." She said. I cocked my head. "You know? Troy Bolten...We're watching them." I stared at her in horror. "After dinner. You can invite Josh." I sighed. She started at the sound. Her brow was furrowed in confusion and she absentmindedly ran a hand through her long pink hair.

"I think I scared him off." I admitted. I didn't dare to meet her condescending gaze. So instead I became very interested in the stitching pattern of the pillowcase. I heard her sigh and come over to my bed. I felt her sit down beside me.

"Jeonghan-ah." I looked up at her in surprise. She smiled warmly at me then laid down beside me. I turned my body and propped my head up on a hand. "Why don't you just ask him?" I stared at her in shock. You couldn't just ask someone how they felt! She had a small smile tugging at her lips. I flopped back onto my back and let out a very long very dramatic sigh.

"Listen Mary. I don't know how thinks work with girls, but it does not work that way with guys." I said emotionally. She scoffed and lightly shoved my shoulder. "You're a dork." I smiled at her. "A hot dork." I corrected. Kalee wandered in and flopped at our feet. "Just a regular dork in my opinion." She said.

"What are we talking about?" She asked as she sprawled. "Well. Jeonghan thinks he may have scared Joshua, but he won't just ask Josh if he did or not." Mary told her. I rolled my eyes. Mary started laughing. "What?" I asked. She continued laughing while Kalee and I stared at her.

"You two! You guys just rolled your eyes at exactly the same time!" She said after she had finished. Kalee and I looked at each other then back at her. "I don't see what's so funny." I said. Mary rolled her eyes this time. And then happy time was over when my uncle came in. His eyes were narrowed suspiciously and the way he looked at the twins made me nervous.

"Where'd she hide it?" His voice was cold and there was a crazy tinge to it. "What dad?" Mary asked. She had her voice strained from how nervous she was. "Don't speak to me with your whore mouth!" He snapped. Mary looked like she had been slapped. I jumped up. "Don't call her that!" I said through gritted teeth.

"Sit down boy! Tell me where she hid it." He said. All three of us shared a look. We didn't know which one of us should speak. Mary was a no. I definitely couldn't, but we didn't know if it was safe for Kalee either. With a deep breath she got up and backed away a few steps. "We don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you should go lie down." Kalee's voice was calm, but I could see her shaking.

He stared at us for a moment then seemed to forget what he was still doing in the room, so with a last nasty look in my direction he left. When the door shut and we could hear him stalk off Mary gave a shaky laugh. Kalee stared at her twin nervously, and I stood there. That had been close. "Maybe we shouldn't bring all our friends over." I said.

Kalee waved away my doubt. "He wouldn't dare drink in front of other people. Especially Josh. He's scared of what the church would think." Mary said for her sister who had turned to stare at the door instead of at her. I sighed and laid back on my bed. "So...Do you know what he was talking about?" I asked. Mary shrugged, but Kalee nodded.

"Last time they fought. They were yelling about a necklace. Dad wants to sell it, but mom won't let him. It's been in her family for years." She said. I cocked my head. "Why would he wanna sell it?" I asked. "Mom controls the money. She won't let him buy booze, so he has to find other ways to get his hands on the stuff." Mary said as a look of understanding came across her face.

Kalee nodded. I still didn't know why he would choose that one thing to sell. "Wait then how does he get drunk here?" I asked. "Mom thinks she's hiding the stuff, but he always finds it." Kalee said. "Once she hid it in our room...That didn't end well." Mary said. Suddenly I was furious. They saw the change on my face.

"Did he hit you?" I asked almost breathlessly. Mary shook her head. Kalee just shrugged. "He would've, if mom hadn't come in at the last second." She said. I let out a breath. I didn't know why it felt better knowing my aunt was getting hit. Well...it was better than my cousins. That's why knowing that she was beat filled me with relief. Did that make me a bad person? Better her than them...Right?

I wasn't so sure. I definitely wasn't a fan of any of them getting hit, but I definitely didn't want the twins getting hurt. " I'll call Cho, Josh, and..." Kalee looked to Mary. "No one else." I stared at her. She had friends. She had a lot of them. But I never saw her with them besides at school. "Chi and Josh than."