Bunch Of Bakas

READER'S POV

After that fight, Hikaru was lying there in a pool of his own blood and I pointed the tip of my sword at his neck.

"Any last words?"

"I hate you so much you little sh-"

I stabbed his throat and I sliced off his head. I shook my head and I ran my fingers through my fringe.

"Good grief I've heard it all before."

I put away my sword and my unloaded pistol which I pulled out earlier from my shoulder holster. I untied my hair and I shook my head a little. Shin stabbed another mutant that was still barely alive before speaking to me.

"Looks like we've got all of them."

"So it would seem, still, they had it coming especially Arata, hey, where are Carla and Kino?"

Shin and I looked around until Kino called out for us.

"Hey guys, you better come and look at this!"

I tied my hair back into a ponytail before catching up with Shin. We followed Kino and we were inside a dungeon but at the same time, it looked more like a lab because we saw some people locked either in cages or in dungeon cells. I was shocked at this and I noticed that some of the prisoners looked similar to the mutants we saw earlier expect they were either still in the developing stage or on the brink of turning into one.

"My God...look at them, what the hell happened to them?"

"I don't know."

We looked around and I spotted some phials and bottles of some kind of purple liquid inside of them. I took one of them and then I saw one of the prisoners being strapped down on a table and when he saw me, he started to panic but he couldn't scream because of the gag around his mouth.

"It's OK, it's OK, here let me get that for you."

I took off the gag for him and he then gasped for air so he could breathe properly and he then smiled at me.

"Oh thank you...thank you very much."

"You're welcome, let help out of there."

I said as I got my dagger and I start to cut off the straps that were holding him down. The man then asked me.

"Who are you? where are Arata and Hikaru?"

"Relax, they're both dead, you're all safe now."

"Really, oh thank goodness..."

The man said in a relieved tone. I then asked him.

"Hey, who are you and what happened here?"

"I and some of the other prisoners were either from a small village or from the town that's next to Karl-sama's castle, we were kidnapped from our homes and we were brought down here to be turned into those...beasts."

"And I'm guessing that purple liquid is supposed to turn you guys into those things?"

The man sat up when I showed him that liquid and he nodded his head.

"Yes, that's the stuff, please keep it away from me."

"All right, all right."

I put away the bottle in my backpack. Carla and Shin had released the other prisoners who haven't been turned yet but the others were beyond help. The man saw this and he asked me.

"Hey, for those who are already on the brink of turning into those monsters and the ones in the developing stage, can you...put them out of their misery? they've suffered enough of this hellish nightmare already."