Recovery/Naruto.

Naruto laid in his bed, recovering.

The battle with Pein had pushed him to the very limits of his power. He never wanted to go through that kind of battle again.

And Hinata...

Hinata had jumped in to save him, only to almost die for him! How dare Pein do that to her. How dare he.

The village was now completely destroyed! How were they supposed to recover from this kind of damage?

Naruto shifted in his bed. He winced a little at the pain from his injuries.

And to think, Naruto thought. That Nagato was Jiraya sensei's student. All that gone to waste.

Naruto clenched his fist. Those Akatsuki! They are responsible! They convinced Nagato to become evil, and attack the Leaf! They will pay!

Naruto sighed. "I wish I wasn't still in this bed, recovering."

He was left alone to his thoughts, for the others were out discussing the situation.

At least, he had gotten to see his father. Finally.

Naruto kept running the battle through his head again and again, thinking of what he could've done better.

Maybe, if he had put his arms up when Pein used Universal Pull on him. Or maybe, he could have had Granny toad summon his final shadow clone and activate his final sage mode before Pein pinned him to the ground.

He couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if he had done it differently.

His eyes began to get heavy as he thought.

Maybe, a little sleep wouldn't be so bad, Naruto thought. He then closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

He was watching blackness, and nothingness.

But, then the blackness turned into the battle again. He was watching himself as he battled Pein.

Naruto tried shouting what was about to happen, to prepare himself. But it didn't work.

He still watched as he was grabbed by the neck and forced to the ground after Geezer Sage was killed.

He watched himself have the conversation with Pein, and Hinata coming down to save him.

But as he was watching, he saw a bright light, coming from behind his dream self.

He turned to look at it.

"What's that?" He asked.

It seemed to be attracting him to it. He didn't know what it was, but it couldn't hurt to go to it right? He was in a dream after all.

Naruto walked towards the light, and was eveloped in it. The battle faded to the background, and Naruto only saw a gold and yellow light all around him.

"This is bight." Naruto said, shielding his eyes.

Suddenly, the bright light faded all together, and Naruto woke up immediately.

He sat up, his head aching somewhat.

Naruto rubbed his head, and then looked around.

He started panicking. Where was the hut? Where was the Leaf? Where was everyone?

Where was he?