Mystery man.

Bolin quickly used earthbending, and trapped the man's arms inside the rock, so he had zero mobility.

Korra walked over to him. "Well, that was stupid of you to both come in alone, and announce your presence."

The man shrugged, or would've, if the earth wasn't keeping him from doing so.

Jinora frowned at the man. "What are you doing here?"

The man sighed. "I just said that you are looking in the wrong place. You didn't think that we were good liars?"

Bolin looked at Korra. "...He has a good point."

Korra spread out her hands. "Ok. But that doesn't explain why you're here."

The man cleared his throat. "My name is Atoki, and I am here to help YOU find your friend."

Ikki crossed her arms and frowned deeply. "I don't believe you! You just said that you were all good liars!"

Atoki nodded. "Very attentive of you. Yes, we are all great at lying to get out of tricky situations. Thing is, the man you captured, Fynn, he was only partially lying."

Now it was time for everyone's confused expressions to come out.

Atoki rolled his eyes. "Alright, so listen: he DID say that your friend was in this area right? But he didn't specify WHERE in the area. Now, the spirit world's topography is right on top, or bottom of our world right? So, that's what he meant."

Bolin was still confused. "Meant what? I'm not getting it."

Poor, simple Bolin.

Jinora didn't take her eyes off Atoki. "You mean that he's being held captive in the spirit world? In this spot?"

Bolin gasped. "Oh! I get it now! That's... really smart. Right?"

Tenzin nodded. "Yes, very. We never would've checked the spirit world for Naruto, because the men that took him did not appear to be either spirits, or monks."

Atoki smirked. "See, but they ARE spirits. They are merely spirits who have disguised themselves as regular people. And the other question: how can they bend? Well, these spirits are special ones. They are no ordinary, run-of-the-mill spirits. They can both bend certain elements like people, and transform into people temporarily."

Tenzin nodded; understanding. "I see. Then this may be harder than we previously thought."

Atoki smiled. "And that's where I come in. You need me to help you."

Jinora walked over, and examined him. "You're not a spirit as well, are you?"

Atoki kept smiling, but began to glow until he eventually began changing shape. Once the light faded, in his place was a spirit.

Atoki was now some sort of ferret-human hybrid. He had a long ferret nose, with ferret whiskers, ears, and hair sprouting from his chin like a go-tee . But, he had human eyes, some human skin showing, and most likely, a humanoid body.

Ikki gasped, and Meelo instantly became interested.

Jinora's eyes widened. "If you're a spirit, how could I not sense the difference in spiritual energy?"

Atoki shifted in his earth trap. "Well, when we transform, we can hide our energies. But, only if we focus on it. Once we lose focus on hiding the energy, it can be sensed."

Bolin resisted the urge to pet his large, furry ears. "Wow. You look really weird."

Atoki growled. "I do NOT! All of YOU look weird!"

Bolin backed away. "Sensitive."

Tenzin looked at Korra. "We now have a choice. If we trust this man, then we could be led into a trap. If we do not, then we will have to find Naruto and rescue him by ourselves."

Bolin pointed at him. "I say go with what he says. Even if it is a trap, it could still be closer to Naruto."

Jinora shook her head. "But if we take that chance, and it's not true, then we risk never seeing Naruto again."

Ikki smiled. "We should listen to him! Anyone with furry whiskers like that is good to me!"

Meelo crossed his arms and huffed. "Nope. Not me!"

Tenzin turned to face Korra. "It is up to you. I will go along with anything you say. It's your choice now."

Korra thought. "Well... ugh, why did you all have to leave it up to me?! Let me think..."

She looked back at Atoki who was waiting patiently for her response.

She came up with her decision. "...I think, that either way would be difficult. So, since it was all left up to me, I say we should..."