4- Hotel Mornings

{Arden's POV}

My eyes slowly open, and I sit up quietly, running my fingers through my hair. I turn around to look at Shawn, who was still heavily asleep. He looked so perfect. But I couldn't stay.
I can't believe I did this. I wasn't drunk nor high, I was on adrenaline. I let a guy who I barely knew take my virginity.

I throw my legs around so now I'm on the side of the bed. I get up and ever so quickly put on my clothes from the night before.
I went to the bathroom and I look in the mirror.
My makeup had smudged and my hair was a mess.
I rinsed my face with some cold water and I put my hair in a messy bun with the hair band I still had on my wrist.

I went back into the room and thank God Shawn was still asleep. I picked up my bag from the corner of the room.

I felt bad for leaving but I think that Shawn knew as well that I shouldn't stay.
What we had last night is what is similar to a summer romance. It was hell of a lot of fun, we went on adventures at midnight, and just for last night, I did in some sense love him. But just like a summer romance, you can't or shouldn't continue after the time is up. It would only lead to heartbreak and confusion. Which I really don't have time for this year. And of course I don't love him. That's such a strong word. And I don't even know how I feel this morning.
But again, I look back over at Shawn. I smiled towards him even though I know he wouldn't see, before I opened the door and left.

/////

{Shawn's POV}

The sun gleamed through a small section of the curtain, which woke me.
Still with my eyes closed, I turn to my side and reach my arm over to hold Arden.
My arm fell flat and I jolt my head up so I'm fully awake.

There was nothing there, only the small dent on the pillow which where she laid the night before.

I got myself up and pulled on my boxers that were next to the bed.
I checked the bathroom and the balcony to see if she was there. She was well and truly gone.

It's clear she left. Her bag was gone too. I understand though, as much as it hurt. What we had last night was special, but in the long term we wouldn't have worked out.
I remember that when we were at the columns, we took a picture of us on my phone.
I hurry over to my jeans which were on the floor and I get my phone out from the left pocket.
I went on photos and there I saw it.
I was smiling like an idiot whilst Arden kissed my cheek and looking at this picture left me feeling like an idiot for liking her so much.
I walk back onto the balcony and I lay my hands on the side, as I look out and see the skyline of Toronto.
My thoughts shift onto next Monday, where I'll have to get back into reality and start my new job at a high school...

(A/n This is a small filler chapter but I honesty can't wait for the next one! I'm hope you're all enjoying the book so far and don't forget to leave a vote if you liked it as it helps me a lot! Thankyou !!)